Thursday, May 26, 2016

Documented Life Project ~ DIY Graffiti Stickers (Part II)!

Hey Guys,

Earlier this week, I posted this photo of some more DIY graffiti stickers that I created using Avery repositionable stickers. I received several requests for a tutorial, so I thought I would walk you through my super easy process.


The "Step Out" Process

1. Start with Avery repositionable stickers. 


2. Spritz the stickers with water.


3. Add SUPER RANDOM layers of Dylusions ink.




3. Dry ink with a heat gun.


4. Add additional ink, if necessary.


5. Grab your favorite mixed media stamps and randomly stamp on the inky stickers using archival ink.


6. Distress the edges of the stickers with a black Sharpie pen.



Here is another "pic tutorial" of another set of DIY graffiti stickers that I created using a Traci Bautista stencil and the exact same process.











I pray this step-by-step tutorial helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Much love to you! XOXO

15 comments:

  1. How beautiful! Thank you for showing me the way. :-) Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing how the "magic" happens! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kindness, Dash! BIG blessings to you! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your process Shelley! These are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it was helpful! Enjoy the rest of your week! ;D

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to try this!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Would love to hear how you're turned out! Have fun!

      Delete
  5. I love this idea, thanks so much for sharing! 😍😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. Glad it was helpful! Much love!

      Delete
  6. Love this tutorial!!!!! One question, do you spray the ink or splatter it in the labels? Thanks! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your question! In this tutorial, I splattered the ink. However, I have also used the spray technique, as well. LOVE both options...just a different effect! Hope this helps! 😘

      Delete
  7. Oh how I love. I'm going to recreate and share on my blog with tag back to you because these are amazing! Can I use labels too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Can't wait to see your hour's turn out. YES, labels are FAB! ❤

      Delete
  8. love the look you got from layering all the color and ink! i can't wait to do some more tags and stickers! thank you for the tutorial, karen

    ReplyDelete