Saturday, March 19, 2016

Documented Life Project 2016 ~ March Featured Member!

Hi Guys!

I am SO EXCITED to share my March 19 PAC (Pocket Card Art) as the Documented Life Project "Featured Member" for the month of March. Whoo-hoo!


March Week #3 PAC Challenge: 
Use Arrows as a Focal Point


Here is a "step-by-step" process through my mixed media layers:

1. Started with a piece of 3x4 scrapbooking paper.



2. Used the "writer's block" Art Foamie and Golden acrylic paint to create an 'imperfect' second layer.



3. Applied acrylic paint to my 3x5 gelli plate with my brayer.



4. Pressed my "alphanumeric" stencil into the acrylic paint and stamped onto my PAC background.



5. Traced the alphas & letters with a black Uni-ball Signo (broad) pen.


6. Filled in the alphas & numbers will a gelly roll pen & acrylic paint.



7. Added imperfect "typewriter key" stamped images to the background with black archival ink.


8. Layered white acrylic paint over the background to even out the color.



9. Stamped an arrow image on acrylic paint with my hand carved stamp for my focal point.



10. Adhered the arrow with Uhu glue, doodle black arrows on the background with my Uni-ball Signo pen, stitched around the PAC with pink thread & added my sentiment & bullseye to finish.



And VOILA'! Here is my final March Week #3 PAC for March 19 inside my Documented Life Project album.



Thanks so very much for stopping by. For more DLP inspiration, definitely check me out on Instagram.

Many blessings to you,

22 comments:

  1. Always marvelous art Shelley! Thanks for sharing!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Chris for supporting me! Love ya much!!! XOXO

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! I appreciate the love! BLESSINGS!

      Delete
  3. I love your bold style Shelley! Beautiful PAC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a BLAST, Michelle! Thanks for your kindness!

      Delete
  4. Just awe inspiring Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suz! I absolutely LOVE the freedom with the "unPlanner" this year. The possibilities are ENDLESS!!! ;D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. LOL! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! ;D It' so much FUN!

      Delete
  6. So pretty and thanks for the step out. I can't wait to go back through your previous posts since the little peeks on the side bar are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment, Mary. SO glad that the step out process is helpful! YAY! Xoxo

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing with us, Shelley! Loving your colorful PAC! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi, THANK YOU SO MUCH for inviting me to share this month. I absolutely ADORE you & the other Art 5 "POWERHOUSE" ladies. I BLESS you for your kindness towards me! Xoxo ;D

      Delete
  8. Superb, Shelley! Congrats for being featured! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Anna for all that you do for DLP! I am GRATEFUL! xoxo

      Delete
  9. I'm so happy for you that you are the guest this week. Your work is always great!! Love the process... and the colorvipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much for your kindness, An! I am having FUN with the "unPlanner" concept this year! BLESSINGS!

      Delete
  10. Love this. And congrats on being featured. I do have one question. Where did you get the QWERTY typewriter stamp? LOVE that. Thanks for any info you can give me. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi FRIEND! THANK YOU for visiting my blog. I ADORE your work & I LOVE BSF just like you! The "typewriter" stamp is from the "Coffee Break" stamp set by Prima. I pray that helps! MUCH love in Christ Jesus! XOXO

      Delete
  11. Loved seeing your process. Love your work Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Glad it was helpful, Francisca! BLESSINGS! XOXO

      Delete