Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Documented Life Project February 2016: Incorporating Pockets!

Hey Everyone!

Essentially, my 2016 Documented Life Project "unPlanner" is a "HYBRID" planner/journal 'of sorts'. My "unPlanner" provides freedom & flexibility for three of my favorite creative lifestyle passions:
  1. PLANNING (my personal appointments & commitments);
  2. DOCUMENTING (my life, i.e. memory keeping); and
  3. ART JOURNALING (practicing my mixed media skills).

Today, I thought I would share how I incorporated "pockets" in my "unPlanner" layouts to house all of my personal ephemera & daily musings.

A couple of weeks ago, I needed to make some homemade banana pudding for one of my family's monthly bible studies/fellowships. First, I wrote the "to do" in the weekly pages of my "unPlanner". Second, I took a photo of all of the ingredients. Third, I printed the recipe and stored it inside this super easy, DIY pocket. I simply stitched a Heidi Swapp transparency to a grid journal card. BAM!.....instant pocket!





A week ago, school was closed for a potential ice storm. Well, the ice storm turned into a morning of rainfall. Later that afternoon...you guessed it.....the sun came out! What's a girl to do? My daughter & I decided to go to Target. We ended up purchasing some Cardiff Cruiser roller skates. First, I took a picture of the roller skate box. Second, I created another pocket by stitching a piece of digital art work by Traci Bautista & a piece of scrapbook paper together. Third, I clipped the photo & receipt together with a decorative paperclip and placed it in my DIY pocket. And, VOILA'!



This past weekend, my husband and I were able to get away for a few days to get some rest & relaxation. Of course, I had to document all of our travel & "foodie" adventures. First, I saved our hotel room key cards & the envelopes and included them in my pocket page protectors. Second, I grouped the photos of all of the food we tried this past weekend and "stuffed" them inside another one of my DIY pockets using some of Traci Bautista's digital artwork. Third, I documented all of my "creative play" & included all of the 2x2 pics in this DIY Traci pocket. Get 'r DONE!









Finally, here is a shot of my "Dare 2B" Card for the month of February. GRATEFUL that I am FORGIVEN!


I hope you enjoyed this pocket post. Please be sure to follow me on Instagram for more DLP 2016 yumminess.

Blessings to you,

8 comments:

  1. Journaling at it's finest!Thanks Shelley♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT blesses me. Thanks so much Dash! SMOOCHES!

      Delete
  2. Want to come live with you, the food looks divine...
    also your craftmanship is tops...!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fran! This past weekend was AMAZING! God is SO GOOD! Enjoy the rest of your week! XOXO

      Delete
  3. I totally love and admire your creativity... your use of color and style is so unique. Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose! THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your kindness. Art just blesses me so much! Have a wonderful day, sweet friend! XOXO

      Delete
  4. Shelley- I am so inspired by your pages. I was also wondering if you could share the name of the alphabet stamps you used to type Easter and Forgiven?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, I am so very sorry I missed you question. Please forgive me. It is the grunge alpha set by Kaisercraft. ENJOY! XOXO

      Delete