Monday, February 8, 2016

Documented Life Project February 2016 Jumpstart!

Hey Guys!

Today, I thought I would give you a sneak peek at a few of my February 2016 DLP "unPlanner" layouts.


Last month, my 'go to' color palette included rich tones of blue, pink & purple. This month, I was torn between taking a leap with a "hip" color palette vs. playing it safe with a more 'traditional' February color scheme. Honestly, the traditional route seemed more challenging since my natural artistic style is quite bold & fully of energy. In the end, I landed on red, pink, gray & black. Golden acrylic paint, Tim Holtz Distress Stain & Tim Holtz Distress Ink are some of my favorite color mediums this month.

February 2016 Color Palette

For my monthly calendar dividers, I am using old Heidi Swapp memory planner inserts. I simply add color, embellishments from my stash, black stitching & my personal events in black ink with a Faber Castell Pitt pen.

Month at a Glance

The envelope from my W-2 tax form is perfect for storing journal cards & personal ephemera I collect throughout the month. I cut the H & R Block logo from a business card to document our tax appointment last week & saved the sticker from my butter pecan Baskin Robbins ice cream that I totally enjoyed to celebrate the occasion! LOVE how the envelope turned out!

Front of the Envelope

Back of the Envelope
 I will be back later this month with more DLP "unPlanner" yumminess!

Have a GR8 week!


12 comments:

  1. Hi Shelley! How did you make the red splatters on each of the dates for your monthly calendar? And your "tax" envelope is so beautiful! What a neat idea to create with what you have! Your pages are ALWAYS fascinating to me! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, THANK YOU, Vicky! I used the Tim Holtz Distress Stain to make the ink splatters. Simply juice up the dauber and DROP it on your surface. INSTANT splatter. This is a super fun technique. Have FUN! XOXO

      Delete
  2. Shelley, I luv how you do, what you do, your way! I always look forward to your posts!Thanks for sharing:)
    Carolyn Myles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dash! Thanks for leaving me such kindness. I bless you! SMOOCHES! XOXO

      Delete
  3. You used my "favoritest" stencil, I see - Traci Bautusta's Deconstructed Floral Bouquet. Yum. Love your envelope turned pocket. Those windows in the envelope makes them perfect altered art fodder, and you made it great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anna! Thank you! Actually, that flower is Kristen Peterson's stamp from the Dream Thicket collection by Paper Bag Studios. I simply painted the stamp (see blog link below). LOVE it so much! Reminds me of Traci's amazing work! :D
      http://shelleyrchavis.blogspot.com/2015/06/paperbag-studios-dream-thicket-stamp.html

      Delete
  4. That really is YUMMY!
    Thanks for the peak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kate! I appreciate you taking time to leave me some kindness today. Much love to you!

      Delete