Saturday, January 30, 2016

Documented Life Project 2016 "The unPlanner" ~ Introduction & January Overview

Hello Everyone!

Guess who??? LOL! :D So, here is a quick update on where I have been these past few months. In the summer of 2015, the Lord called me to full-time children's ministry at church. With this AMAZING opportunity to influence the next generation of "world changers", I had to take a brief hiatus from my creative endeavors so that I could adjust to my "new normal" with my family, ministry & love for art. I am THRILLED that I am experiencing balance & I am even more GRATEFUL to be living the creative life once again.


I started The Documented Life Project Journal in 2015. The weekly challenges & artsy journal prompts were the "creative jumpstarts" that inspired me to consistantly play in my art journal. All of my DLP 2015 layouts (#1 through #35) are posted here on my blog (select Documented Life Project in the "Categories" section on the right). There was absolutely "NO WAY" I was going to pass up the opportunity to play along in the 2016 DLP challenges. The idea of merging my love for documenting, art journaling & planning into a Documented Life Project "unPlanner" just made my heart beat faster.

Today, I thought I would share my "unplanner" approach & some photos from my January DLP 2016 challenges. Last year, I used my black Chameleon A5 Filofax for my binder. I absolutely LOVED the ability to add & remove my planner/journal contents freely. This year, I decided to rock the aqua & white Heidi Swapp Project Life binder for a couple of reasons: 1). Pocket scrapbooking ROCKS & 2). Project Life binder supplies & accessories are readily available both on-line & at local craft stores. This 8x8 binder was on sale for $8.99 at Michaels.

http://www.shopbeckyhiggins.com/collections/8x8-albums/products/teal-stripes-8x8-album
Teal Stripe 8x8 Album

Here is an overview of my DLP 2016 "unPlanner" for the month of January:





















I pray these photos are helpful. Please feel free to email me directly or leave a comment below with any questions you may have. Stay tuned! I will be back soon with my February DLP 2016 "unPlanner" setup.

Many blessings to you,


19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for your kindness, Fran. Blessings to you! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Shelley, These are just beautiful. Love your colors and your flamboyant approach, while keeping it all so "neat." Thank you for linking your blog to the DLP unPlanner FB. Beautiful blog. Like the black background with all your color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, sweet lady. I appreciate you taking time to leave a comment. It blesses me! SMOOCHES! ;D

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing with all of us fans! Now, how do you keep the cover so clean? And will all the completed months fit in there? It looks so fantastic!♥ Carolyn Myles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dash Cam! THANK YOU for you comment & questions. I am completely fine with my binder cover becoming IMPEREFCT. That's the beauty of mixed media. I purchased two binders for the year. Totally willing to buy more if I am having that much fun! LOL!❤️

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yay, Dedra! There is so much freedom to do whatever you want in your planner. HAVE FUN!!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks so very much, Caroline. BLESSINGS! ;D

      Delete
  6. Very Inspiring and beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww....thanks so much, Deezy Art. I appreciate you taking time to leave me some love today. XOXO

      Delete
  7. Love your style.....awesome layouts. ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much, Carol! DLP ROCKS! XOXO

      Delete
  8. Shelley, your planner pages are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweet, Mary! THANKS so very much for your kindness! XOXO

      Delete
  9. Oh this is cool! I have just barely started on mine! I need to get busy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marva. No pressure. just have FUN! XOXO

      Delete
  10. I would like to advice any one out there who is experiencing love trauma , Financial difficulty, Child bearing , Miscarriages and so many more , You could contact Dr. Madu to on his email: ( maduutemple @ gmail . com )or his Whatsapp : +234 9038103368 for his nice spell work.

    ReplyDelete