Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Documented Life Project August 29 (Week #35)!

Here is this week's DLP art challenge & journal prompt: 

August Theme
Faces, the Human Form & Characters
August 29
Art Challenge: Self Portrait
Journal Prompt: Mirror, Mirror


Hey guys! This month's "faces" theme....SERIOUSLY....I have "no words". I can truly say that I have gained MUCH practice when it comes to drawing human faces. However, I don't even think I scratched the surface on mastering the art of capturing the details of the most visible part of our body. 

For the final "faces" test for the month of August, we were challenged with drawing a "self portrait". EEEEKKKKKK!!!! I TOTALLY had to switch things up a bit based upon the "mirror, mirror" journal prompt. It is my heart's desire to reflect my Lord & Savior in all that I say & do because He alone has truly given me 'beauty for ashes' in my life. So, for my mixed media art journal layout, I decided to reflect half of a face that represents me and the other half that expresses the desire of my heart.

Here is what my final layout looks like:
DLP August 29 (Week #35)

My Art Journaling Process 

1. First, I created mixed media stickers on Avery shipping labels using Golden & Dylusions acrylic paint.


2. I sketched a face with an artist-grade pencil & painted it with Dylusions Spray Ink.

3. Next, I cut bits of my mixed media stickers to embellish my background.



4. Finally, I added my "May I Reflect You" sentiment in graffiti lettering & week number using alpha stickers by October Afternoon. 



(NOTE: The week # should be 35 instead of 34. SORRY!! ;D)

 And, the final layout:




Let me know if you have any questions. Hope this was helpful!

Much love & enjoy the rest of your week,
 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so very much! I appreciate your kindness. SMOOCHES!!! XOXO

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness - I just found your blog and within a few minutes I could feel the energy you have! Your creative talents are oozing off the pages! The day planner thing really caught my attention because I do good to remember to write the event down, but to embellish it too?! Wow! I need to go read your guest post and perhaps you mention how you get r done!!!! Blessings to you Ms Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teresa! Thanks for the blog love today! SO glad you found me! YES, the Day Designer planner is my absolute FAVORITE. Make sure to follow me on IG and/or FB. I usually try to post pics daily. Hope this helps! SMOOCHES! ;D

      Delete