Monday, July 20, 2015

The Documented Life Project July 11 (Week #28)!

Here is this week's DLP art challenge & journal prompt:

July Theme
Ephemera
July 11
Art Challenge:  Focal Point vs. Layering
   Journal Prompt: Time Keeps on Ticking

With all of the recent changes in my life with my ministry at church and my family's upcoming move, I have to be intentional about staying focused on the ONE who matters MOST in my life. People ask me all the time how I am able to be so productive and accomplish so much. The truth of the matter is that that if I keep God first, my family second, and everything else behind, then LIFE WORKS. Out of that order, my life will NOT WORK properly. 

So, for my DLP challenge this week, I decided to remind myself that no matter what is happening in my life around me, the TRUTH is that: I SERVE AN AUDIENCE OF ONE! GOD is the ONE that I follow & obey. His love for me is eternal & for that I give Him the throne of my heart!

DLP July 11 (Week #28)!

Here is my "step out" art journaling process for this layout:

1. Use Dylusions ink spray & a stencil to create the first layer.



2. Randomly add acrylic paint with a brush stroke method.


3. Use stamps of your choice and archival ink to create the third layer. Stamps shown below are from the "Zip-a-Dee-Doo" stamp set by Bo Bunny.


4. Grab your favorite mixed media stickers and at them to your background. I created these funky repositionable stickers with sprayings & archival ink.


5. Outline your stickers with a black Inktense pencil and follow with an aqua brush for a grungy look.



6. Create a flower focal point with acrylic paint and outline using the method in step #5.



7.  Doodle stitch with black thread around the focal point and edges to finish.

Left Side
Right Side
And, VOILA'!
I pray this "step out" process was helpful. Let me know if you have any questions!

Much Love,

9 comments:

  1. Shelly,thank you so Beginner and have no idea where to start these steps will be well tried:)where do you get the repositional paper to make stickers and would you mind exposing step wise how
    Thank you so, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Linda!!! Thanks for your comment. The repositional stickers are by Avery and can be found at Walmart & office supply stores. You can actually follow the same steps in this post to create your mixed media stickers. If you want a step out blog post, just let me know. I can add it to my blog post list. THANKS!!! XOXO

      Delete
  2. Love seeing step-outs - this page is particularly lovely. Especially like that you have included stitch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY, Lynette! SO GLAD that the step by step process pics are helpful. YES, stitching is totally MANDATORY!!! LOL! Blessings to you! ;D

      Delete
  3. Just found your blog through Pinterest and very glad I did. Your work is amazing. I plan to use my Filofax, at some point. :-)
    What paper do you use for your journaling? Also, are you part of the Bible journaling community? Have a Blessed day.
    AJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AJ! NICE to meet you!!!! I use Canson mixed media paper. I simply cut it down for my A5 Filofax. I am not currently a part of a Bible journaling community. In this season, the Lord is calling me to share my life testimony on my blog. He has allowed.me to minister to people behind the scenes. God is FAITHFUL! BLESSINGS to you! ;D

      Delete
  4. Shelley - I love everything your pages represent and your witness. So refreshing and sooo true. Thanks bunches for your inspiration in more ways than one! j.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joi! Thank so very much for your love & encouragement! I SSSSOOOO appreciate you taking the time to send me a comment! Much love to you, my dear! XOXO

      Delete
  5. Shelley - I love everything your pages represent and your witness. So refreshing and sooo true. Thanks bunches for your inspiration in more ways than one! j.

    ReplyDelete