Jesus Lover ~ Married & Still in Love ~ Mom of 2 ~ Foodie ~ Jazz Enthusiast ~ Vintage/Junk Girl ~ Blogger Gal ~ "Grunge & Glam" Fanatic ~ Mixed Media, Art Journaling & Pocket Scrapbooking Geek ~ Crazy about Shades of Blue & Purple ~ Planner, Organization, & Storage Nerd. It just doesn't get better than all of that!
Here is this week's DLP art challenge & journal prompt:
Art Challenge: Focal Point vs. Layering
Journal Prompt: Time Keeps on Ticking
all of the recent changes in my life with my ministry at church and my
family's upcoming move, I have to be intentional about staying focused
on the ONE who matters MOST in my life. People ask me all the time how I
am able to be so productive and accomplish so much. The truth of the
matter is that that if I keep God first, my family second, and
everything else behind, then LIFE WORKS. Out of that order, my life will
NOT WORK properly.
for my DLP challenge this week, I decided to remind myself that no
matter what is happening in my life around me, the TRUTH is that: I
SERVE AN AUDIENCE OF ONE! GOD is the ONE that I follow & obey. His
love for me is eternal & for that I give Him the throne of my heart!
DLP July 11 (Week #28)!
Here is my "step out" art journaling process for this layout:
1. Use Dylusions ink spray & a stencil to create the first layer.
2. Randomly add acrylic paint with a brush stroke method.
3. Use stamps of your choice and archival ink to create the third layer. Stamps shown below are from the "Zip-a-Dee-Doo" stamp set by Bo Bunny.
4. Grab your favorite mixed media stickers and at them to your background. I created these funky repositionable stickers with sprayings & archival ink.
5. Outline your stickers with a black Inktense pencil and follow with an aqua brush for a grungy look.
6. Create a flower focal point with acrylic paint and outline using the method in step #5.
7. Doodle stitch with black thread around the focal point and edges to finish.
I pray this "step out" process was helpful. Let me know if you have any questions!