Saturday, July 25, 2015

Documented Life Project July 18 (Week #29)

Here is this week's DLP art challenge & journal prompt:


July Theme
Ephemera
July 18
Art Challenge:  Photographs & Memories
                            Journal Prompt: "All that I have to Remember You" - Jim Croce 

This morning while on his routine morning walk, my husband, Kevin spotted this yard sale sign and immediately sent me this photo. 


Yard Sale Today

There was absolute "NO WAY" I was gonna miss this opportunity! I was the VERY FIRST customer on the scene. There were stamps EVERYWHERE! It was truly "stampers paradise".  I managed to get a floral, splatter, grid & two script mixed media background stamps all for a whopping $12 (they retail for well over $50). WHOO-HOO!


Background Stamps

I could not wait to get home and "test drive" a couple of these bad boys, so I decided to get started on my DLP layout for last week's "photos & memories" challenge. I recently "rediscovered" this photo of Kevin & I from back in the day. Other than our wedding day photos, this pic is my FAVORITE! I thought this week's challenge would be the perfect opportunity to preserve this moment.


July 18 (Week #29)

Here is my mixed media "step out" process:

1. I adhered a piece of inky paper from a previous project to my background with Uhu glue.





2. I added multiple colors of archival ink to the back of one of my yard sale finds and stamped it on the other side of my layout.





3. I adhered my photo to a playing card (my ephemera), glued it with Uhu glue & used black archival ink to stamp one of my homemade stamps around the perimeter to create a focal point. Then, I randomly used my new grid stamp from the yard sale this morning to add another layer of interest around the edges of my layout.




4. I added a partial flower that I also hand carved to the corners of my playing card with Uhu glue & stitched around all of the borders with black thread.


5. Finally, I added additional collage elements from my stash until I was satisfied.







That's it for now. I hope you enjoyed the process and are inspired to use your mixed media stamps in a fun, new way!

Blessings,

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful as usual! Love your pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, Thanks so very much for your love. I BLESS you, my friend! XOXO

      Delete
  2. Amazing stamps!! Wow!
    And such inspirational creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! I pray you are well! THANK YOU! I know! I still can't believe I got such an amazing deal on these awesome stamps. SO AWESOME! ENJOY the rest of your week! ;D

      Delete
  3. So lovely I found you blog! Found you on Instagram and following all other social medias! ;)

    You pages are juicy and eye catchy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina! NICE to meet you! Thanks for tracking me down. You made my day! Blessings to you, my new friend! ;D

      Delete
  4. great finds and a beautiful page... wow. lucky you.. I would hv been first at that yard sale too! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonita, you would have LOVED all the options! There were stamps GALORE! I remained "under control"! Tee hee hee! LOL!

      Delete