Saturday, June 13, 2015

Week #22 Mixed Media Style Pocket Scrapbooking Using Art Pops Journal Cards!

Hello fellow Project Life lovers! Today, I am sharing my mixed media style pocket scrapbooking layout for Week #22.

Typically, my album layouts run from Monday to Sunday each week. Occasionally, I will extend my week a bit to accommodate special events. In this case, that special event was Memorial Day weekend. For me, the celebration began when I escaped for a relaxing weekend getaway the Thursday prior to Memorial Day. I was absolutely determined not to exclude any of the action. So instead of documenting a normal 7-day week, I packed Week #22 with 11 fun-filled days.  When it was all said and done, I had 32 photos/personal bits of memorabilia for Week #22. WOWZERS!!!! ;D



For my scrapbooking paper & embellishments, I paired the "Citrus Bliss" 6x6 patterned paper by Pink Paislee with the BRAND NEW bold "In the Garden" Art Pops journal cards by mixed media artist, Roben-Marie Smith. These super versatile cards can be used for photo mounting, collage work, and personal journaling. If you are looking for an easy way to incorporate mixed media elements & pops of vibrant colors into your scrapbooking layouts, you DEFINITELY need to check out Roben's super fun Art Pops.

Roben-Marie Smith's Art Pops

I selected a 'Design A', a 'Design A Panoramic' (with two additional 4x6 & 3x4 pockets) & a 'Design J' page protectors to house all of my photos, journal cards, and personal ephemera. My dates are stamped with 'cranberry' Colorbox pigment ink on square Avery repositionable stickers. I used Ranger's Dylusions "Write Between the Lines" mixed media stamp set and a red Sakura Gelly roll pen to create contrasting journal spots throughout my layout.


   
Here is a look at my final layout:


"Design A" Page Protector


 

"Design A Panoramic" Page Protector









 

"Design J" Page Protector 













Album view:



Thanks for stopping by today! Please feel free to leave me a comment with any questions you may have. For more mixed media inspiration, please follow me on Instagram & Facebook.

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. These are so amazing! I love seeing these used in pocket scrapping and the colors really do "pop" off your cards!! I love the Art Rocks one and how you cut out the flower...Brill!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roben, THANK YOU! I absolutely LOVE your work and any time I can include some of your goodness in my documenting, it is a GREAT thing. I appreciate your encouragement today. BLESSINGS to you!!! ;D

      Delete