Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Documented Life Project May 30 (Week #22) Using Textured Paper!

May Theme
Touchy Feely
May 30
Art Challenge: Textured Paper
Journal Prompt: I'm So Not Feeling It

As most of you already know, Anthrologie is one of my favorite stores. Their amazing colors, patterns & textures always inspire me creatively. I recently fell in love with the color palette from the new spring 'knob' collection. I decided to tear the collection image out of my catalog and use the turquoise, burnt orange, yellow and tan color palette as inspiration for this week's DLP layout. 

Here is the Anthropologie catalog sample inside my Jonel Imutan leather traveler's notebook (midori size) that I use for daily journaling (Shared on Instagram last Friday).

Anthropologie "Knobs" (Right Side)

For this week's art journal layout, I decided to recreate this image I found in an Olympic paint design pamphlet that I picked up from my local hardware store. 

Olympic Paint Design Inspiration

I included paint samples & burlap covered card stock in my layout to satisfy my DLP "textured paper" art challenge. 
 
My Interpretation Using Textured Paper!


Here is my photo "step out" art journal process:













DLP May 30 (Week #22)


For more mixed media traveler's notebook inspiration, please follow me on Instagram!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Happy art journaling/planning,

6 comments:

  1. I to am an anthropology lover! I love how you interpreted the paint brochure cover!!! So creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Anthropologie totally ROCKS! And, how can you not love those GOREGOUS latte bowls....SERIOUSLY FAB! THANKS for the love, Kathy!!!! XOXO

      Delete
  2. I loved seeing your process I love the aqua red & black & white this is a great page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much, Mary! I have never tried this color palette before. ALWAYS looking to stretch my skills a little bit. I SO appreciate the love. Many blessings to you! ;D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. WHOO-HOO! THRILLED that you stopped by my blog & left me a comment today, Roben! EPIC! TOTALLY going in the books! THANK YOU so much! ;D

      Delete