Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Documented Life Project June 13 (Week #24)!

Here is this week's DLP art challenge & journal prompt:

June Theme
Travel Journaling
June 13
Art Challenge: Recording Memories
Journal Prompt: Taking the Road Less Traveled

My art journal layout this week simply serves as a visual reminder that my life journey with the Lord should reflect His grace & goodness. 


My 9 year old daughter created a piece of artwork at school this past week. In an effort to preserve this memory, I decided to use it as the first layer of my DLP background. She painted a picture of the ground, trees & sky using acrylic paints (Note: I totally forgot to take a photo of her original piece. However, the photo below is a general idea of what her image looked like).


To create the waves in the photo above, I added acrylic paint to my gelli plate and pressed the blue piece of textured foam below to create marks. I then placed the painted foam on top of my daughter's artwork and pressed firmly to create the wavy second mixed media layer.




Painted the Road with Dylusions Paint

Added Black Trees for Journaling

Acts 20:24 from the Bible


DLP Week #24 - COMPLETE!

Have a WONDERFUL week everyone!

Many blessings to you,

No comments:

Post a Comment