Friday, June 12, 2015

Press Pause ~ KNOW your Stash!

Let's be honest here. If you are a scrapbooker, I am quite sure that you have said to yourself (on one occasion or another), "Oh, man, I totally forgot I had that. That WOULD HAVE looked great in my layout!" For me: GUILTY AS CHARGED! UGH!

Over the course of the past couple of years, I have discovered that I am more satisfied with my layouts when I utilize ALL OF MY SUPPLIES regularly. It is easy for me to use my favorite scrapbooking goodies over & over again or quickly reach for the 'latest & greatest' products still wrapped in the manufacturers packaging. It's quite another thing when I challenge myself to creatively use ALL OF THE RESOURCES available in my stash to document my life.

So, how do you do that? How do you effectively use the scrapbooking supplies that you have on hand to effectively retell your story? It's simple........KNOW YOUR STASH! Periodically take time to go through your supplies and reacquaint yourself with them on a regular basis. For example, this morning I was cataloging a couple of new roller date stamps that I purchased within the last couple of months in my vintage Rolodex filing system (See my previous post entitled, "Vintage Roller Date Stamp Storage & Organization"). After I updated my files, I took a few moments to flip through all of my roller date stamp inventory. This super quick glimpse will give me 'good recall' of my phrases & sentiments while documenting in my Project Life album in the upcoming weeks.

Roller Date Stamp Storage & Organization


Here are some other ways that you can quickly become familiar with some forgotten "treasures" in your stash:
  • Periodically flip through your scrapbooking paper collection and/or Project Life journaling cards;
  • Study your cling & rubber stamp collection;
  • Reread the names of your ink pad colors;
  • Rummage through your all of your embellishments (die cuts, flair buttons, wood veneer, Thickers, chip board stickers, etc.
If you take the time to "press pause" and study your stash on a regular basis, I promise you will be much more satisfied in your efforts to tell your life story.

Feel free to leave me a comment below with any questions you may have.

Much love to you,

6 comments:

  1. I love your blog post! I am really big on using the items in my stash. I think it's important to give them life and use these goodies while we still like them. Styles change and so does our taste in items. I think it's also fun to make our own "kits" with items in our stash. Gives me a chance to rummage through things with the lens of putting things together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heidi! Nice to meet you! THANK YOU SO MUCH! AMEN to everything you said! BTW, I think I may have seen a couple of your videos on YT?!?!? If so, YOU ROCK! Much love, my dear! :D

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with you....I often take time to do this and it's VERY beneficial. Keeps me from doing more shopping too!! ....sometimes anyway.....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DeeDee, AGREED! I TOTALLY avoid overspending & buying "DUPES" when I KNOW what I already have. Thanks for the love today! Sending it all right back to you! XOXO

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the tip. I am posting this on a sticky & posting it where it is a constant reminder for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! SO glad this post was helpful Tamami! Thank you for letting me know. You have blessed me today! SMOOCHES! XOXO

      Delete