Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Documented Life Project May 2 (Week #18) ~ The Art Journal (Part I)!

Hello everyone! This week, I will be breaking my DLP May 2 (Week #18) layout into two posts:  1) the art journaling portion, which I am sharing today and 2) the planning portion, which I will post later this week. Here is the challenge: 

May Theme
Texture
May 2
Art Challenge: Fabric
Journal Prompt: The Fabric of your Life


Mixed Media is all about color & TEXTURE! I am a HUGE texture girl. It gives me great joy to touch all of the wonderful textures in my layout throughout the week. The painted paper, the stitched edges, and the raised ephemera are so very inviting. 

When I received this "texture" challenge this past Saturday morning from The Art to the 5th Academy, I immediately thought of David's prayer to the Lord in Psalm 139:13:

"For you created my inmost being; 
you knit me together in my mother's womb".
~Psalm 139:13 

I am GRATEFUL that I serve the One true God who is DELIGHTED in how He created me. I find hope & joy in KNOWING that He truly cares for every part of me....broken parts and all!

So, for the art challenge & journal prompt this week, I wanted to incorporate three "fabric" elements.

1) A flower from a fabric quarter;
2) A pocket made out of woven paper; and
3) A handmade wool paper clip to embellish.

Documented Life Project 
May 2 (Week #18) 
~ The Art Journal (Part I)

The Art Journal "Step Out" Process

Started with Gelli Printed 
Paper from a Previous Project

Cut 1 inch strips
 from a Previous Project

Used a "Weaving" Technique 
to Create this New Piece


Texture Shot (YUMMO!)


 
Stitched the "Woven" Piece
 to the Tip-in to Create a Pocket


Doodle Stitched this Fabric Flower

Doodled & Journaled Around
 the Flower. Stitched A 
Second Flower on Top 
of the First One for 
a Layered Look


Added Layers of Stamping 
to the Background

Added My Scripture
 Above the Pocket


Inserted Journaling Spots
 Inside the Pocket


Added my Wool Clip Embellie 
& the "Days" with the 
Studio L2e "Wu Wu" 
Alphabet Stamp Set

Here is the final layout:

Left Side

Right Side

Tip-In with "Woven"
Pocket for Journaling Cards

Documented Life Project 
May 2 (Week #18) 
~ The Art Journal (Part I)

I hope you enjoyed this mixed media process. Please be sure to check back later this week to see the planning portion of my DLP May 2 (Week #18) layout.


Mixed media stamps used in my layout are by:


Much love,

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you have inspired me! This looks awesome! I was a little lost with this prompt, i usually stick to paints and book pages but you have gotten me really thinking! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise! So glad you found some inspiration. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Thanks for the love. Have a wonderful weekend! XOXO

      Delete
  2. As. Usual, stunning layout. Thank you for the inspiration Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. As. Usual, stunning layout. Thank you for the inspiration Shelley

    ReplyDelete