Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Documented Life Project May 16 (Week #20) Using Modeling Paste!

I am absolutely loving the May "texture" theme! Here is the art challenge & journal prompt for this week:

May Theme
Touchy Feely (Texture)
May16
Art Challenge: Modeling Paste
Journal Prompt: Rising to the Occasion


I received a copy of the current Summer 2015 Nike catalog in the mail this past week. The image on the front cover is quite striking. This was a perfect opportunity to experiment with my Dylusions acrylic paint again & use this photograph as a collage element in my DLP layout this week.

2015 Summer Nike Catalog Cover
DLP May 18 (Week #20) Layout
  
Since this week is all about modeling paste, I thought I would take a week off from my normal A5 style planner pages and simply have some fun "PLAYING" in my art journal. Trust me, I gained LOTS OF WISDOM in this layout. LOL! Today, I will simply show a progression of my experimentation & layering process with the Dylusions acrylic paint and a large geometric "circles" stencil.






 

Modeling Paste Mixed with Dylustion Acrylic Paint


After this step, I added additional layers of white & black Dylusions acrylic paint using a brush stroke. Next, I used stamps from Traci Bautista & Rae Missigman to stamp Dylusions acrylic paint onto deli paper. I adhered the deli paper images to the background with Uhu glue. Finally, I added some journaling, outlining, black stitching, my Bible verse and other details to finalize my art journal layout. 

Here is how it all turned out:

Left Side

Right Side



Modeling Paste "Texture" Shot





Thanks so very much for stopping by today. I pray that this post inspires you to simply have fun playing in your art journal.

Much love to you,
 

2 comments:

  1. Great layout as usual Shelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lesley! Thanks so very much for your kindness. I had so much fun just experimenting with the paint. Have a wonderful holiday weekend, my dear! XOXO

      Delete