Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Documented Life Project March 28 (Week #13) Using Specialty Collage Paper!

This week's DLP art challenge & journal prompt are:

March Theme
Making Your Mark (Doodles & Mark Making)
March 28
Art Challenge: Make a Custom Element
Journal Prompt: "Ride the Energy of your own Unique Spirit." ~ Gabrielle Roth

This past weekend, I was able to get away from my normal routine to rest & have some fun. It was absolutely WONDERFUL! For this challenge, I thought I would take advantage of the 'free time' and really try some collage work in my art journal/planner.

A few weeks ago, I created a "face" in my practice notebook using one of Dina Wakley's YouTube tutorials. Her 'step-by-step' instructions were super easy to understand & follow. I was EXTREMELY happy with my 'first face' attempt. However, I knew that I wanted to do something special with her hair. I just didn't know what, until this challenge.

Dina Wakley Inspired Face

When I spotted this picture on Pinterest, I knew IMMEDIATELY that I wanted to recreate this beautiful hair in my art journal/planner using specialty collage paper for my custom element.

Inspirational Image from everythingyntk.com

First, I purchased some specialty paper from The Paper Source and another local art supply store.

Specialty Collage Paper

Next, I collaged the beautiful paper in a quilt like pattern on my mixed media paper foundation with UHU glue.

Collaged Quilt Patterned Foundation

Finally, with my inspirational image as my guide, I tore small pieces of the paper and adhered each piece with UHU glue until I was satisfied with the transformation.

Making Art in my Hotel Room

Building the Layers

Here is what my final layout looks like:

Planner Portion with 
Studio L2E Planner Stamps (Left)
Quote by Gabrielle Roth (Right)

Layers of Collaged Paper for the Hair

Art Journal Portion (Right & Tip-in)

Documented Life Project March 28 (Week #13)

Studio L2E Stamps Used in this Layout:



Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy art journaling/plannning,

No comments:

Post a Comment