Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Documented Life Project April 5 (Week # 14) Using Watercolors (Part I)!

I am back today with the art journaling portion of my Documented Life Project March 5 (Week #14) layout. The new April theme and art challenge/journal prompt for this week is:


April Theme
Color Safari (Exploring Inks & Paints)
April 4th
Art Challenge: Watercolors
Journal Prompt: It's Water Under the Bridge

For this challenge, I simply wanted to use a color palette that you would normally associate with water & bridges (ie blue, green, gray, brown/rust, white).


Documented Life Project April 5 (Week #14)


I started with a muli-colored blue-based watercolor background using my Peerless watercolors & added some champagne extreme glitter paint for a shimmery, water effect.

Watercolor Background with Glitter Paint

Next, I created doodles & flowers with a black Faber-Castell Pitt Pen, filled in with watercolors and outlined with white Tulip puffy paint. I then added some black stitching, stamping, messy journaling, outlines, and other details to finalize my layout. Here is how it looks in my Filofax:


Left Side



Right Side



Tip-In



Final DLP Layout Week #14

Thanks for stopping by & enjoy the rest of your week!

Much love,

8 comments:

  1. I just love this had to come take a closer look.. Its so pretty and bright just love Peerless watercolours and you really make them shine with these pages..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Sandy! Thank so much, my dear! Yeah, the Peerless watercolors are AMAZINGLY beautiful! SMOOCHES! XOXO

      Delete
  2. My I ask what base paper you used? Watercolor, bristol....? I'm working my way through your old blog posts where you may have covered it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim!! I use Canson mixed media paper in my layouts. I believe Strathmore is awesome, too. I hope this helps! Thanks for visiting my blog! BLESSINGS to you! :D

      Delete
    2. Duh...of course...need more coffee. Have a great week♡*♡

      Delete
    3. Duh...of course...need more coffee. Have a great week♡*♡

      Delete
  3. all i can say is Wow, your pages are simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Glenda! THANK YOU SO MUCH for your super sweet comment. You made my day!!! :D

      Delete