Monday, April 20, 2015

Documented Life Project April 18 (Week #16) with Hand Lettering!

Hello! Today, I am sharing my DLP layout for this week's art challenge & journal prompt:

 April Theme
Color Safari (Exploring Inks & Paints)
April 18
Art Challenge: Gelli Plate
Journal Prompt: A Lot On My Plate

Anytime I can pull out my Gelli plate and have some 'play time', I am a happy girl. I get such a rush watching different mediums perform on this incredibly versatile artsy toy. For this challenge, I decided to see how my favorite, super vibrant Dylusions spray inks would react with white Golden fluid acrylic paint. 

The Art Journaling Process

  
Step One
 Placed my "Floral 2" stencil by Traci Bautista on my Gelli plate. 

Step Two  
Added white Gold fluid acrylic paint and blended with my brayer. 

Step Three 
 Sprayed Dylusions spray ink on top of the acrylic paint. 

Step Four
 Spritzed the ink with water to activate.


Gelli Plate with 
Dylusions Spray Ink 
Acrylic Paint

I absolutely LOVE the results. The white acrylic paint gave the bold Dylusions spray inks a "milky" appearance. Not only was I able to create my DLP background for my layout this week, but there was plenty of yummy paint leftover to make some painted lunch bags for future projects. Whoo-hoo!

Painted Mixed Media Paper 
& Lunch Bags

 

The Planning Process


This past week, I was chatting with one of my fellow Documented Life Project buddies, Anna Friesen. I TOTALLY adore her doodling skills....simply INCREDIBLE work. Anyways, we challenged each other to practice our lettering skills in our DLP layouts this week. I must admit that my knees were shaking a little bit as I committed to dedicating an entire layout to my very own handwriting. Somebody help me! PLEASE!!!! :D

Okay, this is how it all came together:

Created "Days of the Week" 
Flags Using this 
Simon Says Stamp "Plan On It" 
Stamp Set Designed by 
Kanani at Studio L2E

Shaded Around the Flags 
with Tombow Markers

Doodle Stitched with Black 
Thread Around the Edges


Used Hand Lettering 
to Plan My Week

Added My Favorite 
Scripture on the Tip-In

I left plenty of room to add more hand lettering & doodles throughout my week. Here is the final layout:

Left Side

Right Side

Tip-In

Documented Life Project April 18
 (Week #16) With Hand Lettering!

Well, that's it for now. Have a WONDERFUL week!

XOXO,
 

5 comments:

  1. Looks great Shelley!! Always love your style!!! Love that banner punch. Is it Stampin Up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEY Kimberly! Good Morning! THANK YOU for your kindness. The punch is by EK Tools. I ordered it on-line. However, I have recently seen it in Joann's. Hope that helps! SMOOCHES sweet lady! ;D

      Delete
  2. Absolutely fabulous, dear Shelley! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU so very much my sweet friend! SO glad we connected last week. I am going to keep sharpening my lettering skills thanks to you. Thank you! XOXO

      Delete
    2. Thank YOU so very much my sweet friend! SO glad we connected last week. I am going to keep sharpening my lettering skills thanks to you. Thank you! XOXO

      Delete