Thursday, April 16, 2015

Documented Life Project April 11 (Week #15) ~ The Art Journal

Here is this week's DLP art challenge & journal prompt:

April Theme
Color Safari (Exploring Inks and Paints)
April 11
Art Challenge:  Acrylics
Journal Prompt: Cry Me a River


My "Cry Me a River" Art Journal Vision: 
Tears that fill a river and create PINK bubbles!!! Whoo~hoo!;D
 
Inspirational Photo from Pinterest


The Art Journaling "Step Out" Process


Painted my 4" inch Round 
Gelli plate  with Peerless 
Watercolors and Stamped
on Mixed Media Paper

Painted the Gelli Plate with 
Acrylic Paint & Used a 
Brayer to Blend


Stamped the Acrylic Paint 
on the Background


Added More Acrylic Paint 
to the Gelli Plate, 
Topped with a Stencil, 
and Stamped on the 
Acrylic Painted Circles






Stenciled a Second Layer
Of Acrylic Paint on the Circles


Doodled Around the Circles 
with a Black Uni-Ball Signo 
Pen Using the Gelli Plate
 as my Guide


Added Blue Tim Holtz Distress Ink, 
Additional Doodles, Background Stamps
Black Stitching, Dates & 
Other Details

Added "Cry Me a River" with a 
Black Faber-Castell Big Brush Pen

Here is my final layout:



Documented Life Project April 11 (Week #15) 
(Note: The Blue Scallops & 
Two of the Journaling Cards 
are by the AWESOME, Rae Missigman)

If you would like to see my strategies for tackling The Planning Process of this layout, please check out my corresponding post on the Studio L2E blog.


Happy art journaling/planning,


2 comments:

  1. Wow - this spread is great! I saw it on the DLP FB group and just had to follow your link here to see more about it. I would have never guessed the base was gelli plate rounds. I'll have to try this soon when I get the new small round ones. I also like your idea of putting your daily activities on brightly colored circles to stand out so the 'normal' calendar writing doesn't just get lost in the happy background. :) Thanks for taking time to share the process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline! Thank you for taking time out of your day to write such a sweet note. I am glad you found the "step out" process helpful. MANY blessings to you! Have a wonderful weekend! XOXO

      Delete