Friday, March 27, 2015

Week #11 Mixed Media Pocket Scrapbooking Layout!

Hello everyone! I am back today with my Week #11 Mixed Media Pocket Scrapbooking Layout for PL Junkies.

This is my third layout using the embellishments from the PL Junkies Main Scrapbook kit. I am super pleased the progress that I have made with the awesome collection of October Afternoon & My Mind's Eye goodies. For my Week #11 layout, I decided to couple my PL Junkies kit with scrapbooking paper from the We R Memory Keepers "It Factor" collection. This bold paper collection features patterns with a funky artsy mix of dark & light hues of navy, green, pink, yellow & lavender. This color palette was PERFECT for documenting my son's 14th birthday.


PL Junkies Main Scrapbooking Kit

We R Memory Keepers "It Factor" Collection


Week #11 Mixed Media 
Pocket Scrapbooking Layout!




Needless to say, this week was jam packed with celebration photos. I decided to create a mini "flip book" to creatively house the majority of the birthday party memories inside my Project Life Design A page protectors. I simply used washi tape to bind several 4x6 journal cards together to create additional real estate right inside my layout. I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!


4X6 Mini "Flip Book"




 


Week # 11 (Left Side)

Week # 11 (Right Side)

Have you ever tried to create additional "real estate" in your pocket scrapbooking layouts? If so, I would love to hear some of your strategies. If not, I challenge you to find a creative way to add additional space in your layout this week.

Thanks so very much for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment below with any questions you may have.

Much love,

2 comments:

  1. Love your flip book!!! What a great use for washi tape. Is the entire book housed inside of the pockets or are some of the pages on the outside? Looks like you had a great time celebrating!! Who makes the pretzel paper you used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gemiel! I pray your are well. THANKS A MILLION! Just the last page of the flip book actually inserts inside the pocket (my journaling journal card). All the other pages of the flip book are outside the pocket for easy access. The "pretzel" paper is so cute, right??? It is also a part of this same "It Factor" collection by We R Memory Keepers. It's SUPER FUNKY!!!

    ReplyDelete