Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Documented Life Project March 7 (Week #10) Using a Mini 3x5 Gelli Plate as a Stamp!

The Documented Life Project Challenge for this week is:

March Theme
Making Your Mark (Doodles & Mark Making)
March 7
Art Challenge: As a Layer Element
Journal Prompt: Surviving the Elements

A couple of weeks ago, I visited my local mixed media retailer. As soon as I walked into the store, I spotted this mini 3x5 Gelli Plate. It was the very last one and it had my name on it. The size was PERFECT for "on-the-go" printmaking. As I was paying for my treasure, the lady at the counter asked me what I was going to use my mini Gelli plate for. I told her that I LOVED the convenience of it's size and that I wanted to include it in my art journal kit. She then proceeded to give me a "mini" art lesson on all the wonderful things that I could do with my new art tool. She even mentioned that I could "STAMP" with it. WHAT??? Stamp with a Gelli plate??? TOTALLY SOLD! 

Mini 3x5 Gelli Plate

This week's DLP "Mark Marking" challenge was the PERFECT opportunity for me to give my new Gelli plate a try. 

Documented Life Project March 7 (Week #10)

Here is a "Step Out" through all of my mark making layers:

Layer of Stencil Marks with Dylusions Ink


 
3x5 Gelli Plate Stamp with Acrylic Paint


Marks with a Printmaking Tool
 
Stamped with a Stencil

Stamped with Stencil

Stamped with the Gelli Plate

Doodled "ART" in Graffiti Letters

Painted Graffiti Letter with Acrylic Paint


Outlined Graffiti Letter with a Black Faber-Castell Pitt Pen

Highlighted the Graffiti Letter with an Acrylic Paint Pen

Repeated the Above Process for all the Graffiti Letters
Added Graffiti Stamping and Doodles

Added We R Memory Keeper "It Factor" Embellies

Doodle Stitched the Border with Black Thread

Documented Life Project March 7 (Week #10) Complete!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

XOXO,

2 comments:

  1. I am hooked on watching your videos!! I love your style....Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! THANK YOU! It blesses me to know that they are helpful! Many blessings to you! XOXO

      Delete