Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Documented Life Project March 21 (Week #12) Using the BRAND NEW Studio L2E Planner Stamp Sets (PART II)!

And, I am BACK! On Monday, I shared the "art journaling" portion (Part I) of my Documented Life Project March 21 (Week #12) "Focus/Focal" challenge layout

Documented Life Project March 21 (Week #12)

Today, I am sharing (Part II), the planning portion of my DLP March 21 (Week #12) layout using the BRAND spanking new Studio L2E planner stamp sets. WHOO-HOO! There are SEVEN, count them, SEVEN new planner stamp sets that will be released on March 31st. Today, you will get a "SNEAK PEEK" of how I am using some of this NEW awesomeness in my DPL layout this week.

But first, let me take a moment to explain my planning approach. Okay, most of you know that I use my weekly planner layouts for multiple purposes:
  • Practicing Mixed Media Techniques
  • Personal Planning & Scheduling
  • Family Scheduling
  • Blog Planning
  • Pocket Scrapbooking Note Taking
  • Faith & Personal Journaling
  • Fostering Creativity (Inspiration Board)
Normally, my weekly layouts are FULL of color and all kinds of ephemera and inspirational messages to keep me inspired & motivated throughout the week. However, this week, I am intentionally taking a "minimalistic approach" to my planning for two reasons: 1) I am on VACATION this week (Oh yeah!) so I only have few scheduled activities, and 2) I don't want my "Focus/Focal Point" competing for center stage in my layout. So, my game plan is to create planner stickers that "BLEND IN" with my layout. This strategy is not only functional, but also minimizes visual distractions. So, with that being said, here is a "SNEAK PEEK" at how I am using the BRAND NEW Studio L2E March release planner stamps in my layout.

I used this Dear Lizzy roller date stamp and black StazOn ink to stamp the dates on this "somewhat transparent" white chevron patterned washi tape by Doodlebug Designs.


I created my own "Vacation" banner planner sticker with stamps from the new Studio L2E "High-Light It: Banner Sentiments" & "Hi-Light It: Banners" planner stamp sets. I simply colored the background of the banner with a lavender Tombow marker and doodled around the sticker with a black Uni-ball Signo Pen.



Next, I added a 1st & 2nd generation "This Week" sentiment directly on my layout just below my "Vacation" sticker. This sentiment is from one of the "oldie but GOODIES" "Right Here Right Now" planner stamp set which is also by Studio L2E.



I am LOVIN' the larger borders found in the NEW Studio L2E iconic Borders planner stamp set. I used the border with the opening in the center and added 'Appointment' & the 'Stethoscope' icon, from the "Plan It" stamp set.



To indicate my blog post days, I used the circle background stamp from the brand new "Iconic Outlines" planner stamp set. I simply colored the circles with my Tombow markers and stamped the background on round, repositionable Avery stickers. The markers give the stamped images a super cool, imperfect mixed media effect.



I added a black stitched border stamp (also from the "Iconic Outlines" stamp set) and a pencil icon from the new Studio L2E "Creative Plans" stamp set. Finally, I created this "oh so fitting" ' I LOVE MIXED MEDIA" planner sticker using the stamps from the "Right Here Right Now" planner stamp set (show above) and "Mixed Media" sentiment & "Pallete" icon, both from the new "Creative Plans" stamp set.



Here is an overview of my layout. You will notice that the planner stickers blend in nicely with the "Focus/Focal Point" because they are tinted with hues similar to the colors in the background.




Studio L2E Brand New March Release Planner Stamp Sets

That, my friends, is my "minimalistic" approach to planning in my Filofax this week. Please be sure to mark your calendars for the Studio L2E March 31st release date (Midnight PST). You don't want to miss it!

Happy art journaling/planning,

No comments:

Post a Comment