Monday, March 23, 2015

Documented Life Project March 21 (Week #12) Using Peerless Watercolors (PART 1)!

Hello everyone! Today, I am sharing the art journaling portion (PART I) of my DLP layout for the March 21 challenge.


March Theme
Making Your Mark (Doodles & Mark Making)
March 21
Art Challenge: As a Focal Point
Journal Prompt: "Coming into Focus"


Two years ago, I found this amazing Pinterest photo of an eye looking upward with a heart shaped pupil and rainbow colored iris. It is the PERFECT interpretation for this week's "focus/focal point" journal prompt. I decided to couple it with Hebrews 12:2 for some biblical inspiration.

"Fix your eyes upon Jesus, the author & finisher of our faith"
Hebrews 12:2

It is truly amazing how the small, insignificant things in life grow strangely 'dim' when I focus on the one, true God who is GREATER & sovereign over ALL! 

Inspirational Image on Pinterest
from blogkarachicorner.com

This past weekend, while shopping at Target, I spotted this weekender makeup bag by Sonia Kashuk. I was initially struck by the funky vibe of the paint streaks. However, the shiny gold accents quickly won me over. I had to also recreate this artsy look in my art journal/planner layout this week.

Sonia Kashuk (Target) Weekender Makeup Bag

Here is how I incorporated both looks in my art journal/planner for this week's DLP challenge:


Sketched the Eye Focal Point & 
Painted with Black Acrylic Paint

Painted the Iris of the Eye
 with Peerless Watercolors

Painted Streaky Black Acrylic 
Arrows to Point to Heaven


Added Text Background 
with Black Archival Ink


Added Additional Paint
 Streaks & Eye Lashes

And, the final layout:

Left Side


Right Side


Tip-In


Clear Wink of Stella Sparkle


Gold Wink of Stella Streaks


Documented Life Project March 21 
(Week #12) (COMPLETE)!

I will be sharing my approach to the planning portion of my DLP March 21 challenge in (PART II) later this week. Please be sure to check back then.

Happy art journaling/planning,

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Angela!!!!! Hey!!! Thank you SO MUCH, lady! I really appreciate the love & encouragement! SMOOCHES! XOXO

      Delete