Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Documented Life Project March 14 (Week #11) Using Dylusions Spray Ink!


This week's DLP challenge is all about "BORDERS"!

March Theme
Making Your Mark (Doodles & Mark Making)
March 14
Art Challenge: Borders
Journal Prompt: "Borderline feels like I'm going to lose my mind."

I knew I wanted to creatively document a scripture that my BEST FRIEND, Melody shared with me several years ago that reminds me of "life borders".

"The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; 
surely I have a delightful inheritance."  Psalm 16:6

God loving places "boundaries" & "life borders" in our lives so that we can experience & enjoy all that He has in store for us. What an awesome promise! 

Here is what I did to meet this week's borders challenge:
  1. Included the above Bible verse,
  2. Doodle stitched black thread and ink around the edges of my layout,
  3. Doddled a funky border around the butterfly focal point.
Documented Life Project 
March 14 (Week #11)



Cut a Butterfly Stencil out of 
Mixed Media Paper

Added Details to the 
Butterfly with Pencil

Filled in the Open Spaces 
with Black Ink

Colored the Butterfly with 
Dylusions Ink Filled 
Water Brushes


Painted the Background 
with Multiple Shades 
of Acrylic Paint


Added Black Stitching 
& Doodled Borders


Sprayed Alpha Stencil 
with Black Dylusions

Added Background 
Stamp with Distress Ink

Stamped Script with 
Archival Ink

Added Additional Marks 
with Acrylic Paint & 
Outlined with Pencil

 

Added Final Details to Finish:

Left Side

Right Side

Tip-In

Documented Life Project
 March 14 (Week #11) 
COMPLETE!


Studio L2E Planner Stamps Used in this Layout

Many blessings to you,

6 comments:

  1. WOW, WOW, WOW!!! This layout is stunning. I love the butterfly and totally love your approach. So much detail and your tutorial ROCKS!!! High Five Shelley Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks, Kele! You ALWAYS make me smile. You are so sweet. Glad you enjoyed it! Smooches to you, my friend! XOXO

      Delete
  2. Excellent post and tutorial. Thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Glenda! THANK YOU! It blesses me to know that my "step-by-step" process helps! Much love to you! ;D

      Delete
  3. Another stunning spread - love your colour sense :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Lynette! THANK YOU! Yup, COLOR totally rocks! LOL! Much love to you. Thanks for the love! XOXO

      Delete