Saturday, March 21, 2015

Diary of a Junk Girl (3.21.15): Art Journal Toolbox Organization!

Hello everyone! Today, I thought I would share how I organize & store my favorite art supplies that I use during my quiet time with the Lord.

This past December, I spotted this wooden toolbox at one of my favorite local vintage boutiques. My sweet friend, Michelle Rosata (vendor at the Pink Cabbage in Maryland), said that she just put this beauty in her shop the day before. Well, I knew right then it was going home with me "THAT" day. What's not to like about it? First of all, it has 2 spacious tiers (measures 22 1/2 x 11 x 12). Second, it's the perfect portable storage unit for art journaling supplies. Finally, it's BLUE! Need I say more? My new found treasure was only $30! Whoo~hoo!

Art Journal Toolbox Organization

The top tier houses all of my Tim Holtz Distress Stains.
Art Journal Toolbox (Bird's Eye View)

The bottom left side of the toolbox houses my "God Notes" art journal, journaling Bible, set of 30 Neocolor II water-soluble wax pastels, and a variety of alpha stencils.

Art Journal Toolbox (Bottom Left)

Art Journal Toolbox Contents (Bottom Left)

I store my Peerless Watercolor pallete (Peerless Watercolor Moleskine tutorial HERE), Dylusions Ink filled water brushes, "mini" 3x5 Gelli Plate, mist water bottle, black archival ink, and roller date stamp in the bottom right side of the toolbox.
 
Art Journal Toolbox (Bottom Right)

Art Journal Toolbox Contents (Bottom Right)

The clear Vera Bradley cosmetic bag converts to a "spill proof" organizer for my Tim Holtz Distress Ink for "on-the-go" journaling.

I would love to hear how you organize and store your favorite art journaling supplies. Please leave a comment below or send me a private message via email.

Many blessings to you,

No comments:

Post a Comment