Monday, February 9, 2015

Documented Life Project February 7 Challenge (Week #6)!

Man, I thought last week's DLP2015 "underpaper" challenge was INCREDIBLE. This week's challenge is blowing my mind! It's layers GALORE!!! :D

FEBRUARY THEME
Layers You Will Love!

February 7
Art Challenge: When Not To Stop
Journal Prompt:  "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough!" (Ooh)

One of my favorite songs of all time is entitled, "Redeemed" by the Christian group, Big Daddy Weave. The song beautifully speaks to the transforming work the Lord has done in my life. 

LYRICS FOR "REDEEMED" 
by Big Daddy Weave

Seems like all I could see was the struggle
Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past
Bound up in shackles of all my failures
Wondering how long is this gonna last
Then You look at this prisoner and say to me "son
Stop fighting a fight that's already been won"
I am redeemed, You set me free
So I'll shake off theses heavy chains
Wipe away every stain now I'm not who I used to be
I am redeemed
All my life I have been called unworthy
Named by the voice of my shame and regret
But when I hear You whisper, "Child lift up your head"
I remember oh God, You're not done with me yet
I don't have to be the old man inside of me
'Cause his day is long dead and gone
I've got a new name, a new life I'm not the same
And a hope that will carry me home
I am redeemed, You set me free
So I'll shake off theses heavy chains
Wipe away every stain now I'm not who I used to be
Oh God I'm not who I used to be
Jesus I'm not who I used to be
'Cause I am redeemed
Thank God, redeemed

Songwriters: COWART, BENJI/WEAVER, MICHAEL DAVID
WARNER/CHAPPELL MUSIC, INC.

I decided to creatively document this song in my DLP layout this week on top of all of my layers.


Here is a step-by-step picture tutorial through all of my yummy layers.

First Layer with Spray Ink & a Stencil

Second Layer with Spray Ink &
Traci Bautista's "Flower Party" Stencil

Third Layer with Spray Ink & a Stencil

Fourth Layer with Spray Ink & Punchinella

Pulled Bits of Painted Paper
from my Stash

Randomly Collaged Painted Paper Bits
using Uhu Glue for the Fifth Layer

Randomly Stamped
Brigit Koopsen's  
"I Heart Washi Tape" Stamp
Using Black Archival Ink
For the Sixth Layer

Practiced my Lettering
and Outlined with
a Black Faber-Castell Pitt Pen
for the Seventh Layer

Painted White Fluid Acrylic on the
 Outside of the Letter & Heart
for the Eighth Layer

Painted the Inside of the Heart
with a Neon Red Liquitex
Paint Marker for the Nineth Layer

Stamped the Inside of the
Heart with a Textured Foam Heart
for the Tenth Layer

Collaged to More Painted Bits
Inside the Heart for the
Eleventh Layer & Added Additional
Acrylic Paint for the Twelfth Layer

Randomly Stamped Inside the Heart
with Traci Bautista's "Creativity Flows"
Stamp Using Black Archival Ink
for the Thirteenth Layer

For the Fourteenth Layer, I
Outlined the Letters & Heart
with Faber-Castell Pitt Pens
and Blended with my Fingers

Doodled the Lyrics to "Redeemed"
Around the Heart for the Fifteenth Layer
with a black Uni-ball Signo Pen

Doodle Stitched Around the
Layout with Black Thread
for the Sixteenth Layer

Stamped Technique Tuesday's (Ali Edwards)
"Days of the Week" Stamps 
on Washi Tape, Date Stamped
 each day with Dear Lizzy's
 Date Stamp,and Added the
 Studio L2E Valentine's Day 
Sentimentfrom the "Seasonal Plans/Spring"
Planner Stamp Setfor the Final Seventh Layer
Art Journal/Planner Layout Inside my Filofax

I pray this tutorial was helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions. Also, you can check out Big Daddy Weave singing "Redeemed" LIVE HERE! ENJOY!

Happy planning,



10 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this encouraging song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Sarah! It leaves me in tears EVERY TIME. I totally forgot to add a link to the live video when I posted originally. The video (Big Daddy Weave singing "Redeemed" LIVE) is SUPER INSPIRING. Not sure if you have seen it. Here it is just in case. MANY BLESSINGS to you, my dear! XOXO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDAGCow3dsg

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful! 💞💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you SO much for taking the time to leave a comment for me today! I really appreciate it! Sending that love right back to you, lady! Enjoy the rest of your week! XOXO

      Delete
  3. Thank you for showing this and it made me to learn how to do ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sade! YAY! I am excited to know that my process was helpful. Thank so much for letting me know. YOU ROCK! ;D

      Delete
  4. Your emails pop up in my inbox and today I said I need to go tell Shelley how much I LOVE her sharing!! You are soooo inspiring!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your step by step processes with us. You have been so very blessed with so much talent! I am new to mixed media and your steps are so great to see. Thank you so much for sharing your talents. Your love for our Lord shines bright!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberly, WOW! **With tears** OMg, Thank you, thank you thank you for taking the time to let me know. SERIOUSLY! IT BLESSES ME SO MUCH to know that I can help someone else as the Lord teaches me. It's UNBELIEVABLE how our God works. AWESOME JOB taking the dive into mixed media! I find SO MUCH freedom in it. Let me know if you have any questions. I am not an expert (trust me), however I will try to help in any way I can. MANY BLESSINGS to you, sweet friend!

      Delete
  5. I love seeing all the steps you took and the final piece is so happy and wonderful! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad the step-by-step pics were helpful. Thanks for your kindness!!! XOXO

      Delete