Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Documented Life Project February 14 Challenge (Week #7)!

Hey guys! I am back today with my Documented Life Project February 14th layout. Here is the challenge:


February Theme
Layers You Will Love!
February 14
Art Challenge: Cover Up Good Stuff
Journal Prompt: Going Undercover

MORE layers! Whoo-hoo! Trying to explain the "goodness" of God is almost like trying to explain what chocolate tastes like. You really can't do it. Both are quite indescribable. If you want to know what chocolate tastes like, you simply have to taste the morsels yourself.  Same with God. If you truly want to know what God is REALLY like, you simply have to 'EXPERIENCE HIM" for yourself! He truly is DELICIOUS! ;D


Since we were talking about "GOOD STUFF", why not throw some chocolate in the layout, right??? LOL! I quickly grabbed my Valentine's Day Godiva catalog that I received in the mail last week and jumped right in! Here's how it all came together:

Started with my Godiva
Valentine's Day Catalog

Selected Pages that I Liked
and Adhered them to Mixed Media Paper
with Collage Pauge

Used a Brayer to Lightly Blend Red,
Pink, White, & Magenta Golden,
Dina Wakley, Liquitex, & Americana
Paint on my Gelli Plate

Die Cut Three Mixed Media Style
Heart Shapes with My Die Cut
Machine and Placed them
on Top of the Paint

Gently Pressed my Chocolate Covered
Mixed Media Paper into the
Paint on my Gelli Plate &
added the Painted Heart Shapes
to the Tip-In

Outlined all the Hearts
with a Black Big Brush Pitt Pen

Collaged Additional "CHOCOLATE"
Elements from my Godiva Catalog to
the Painted Background with Collage Pauge

Used White Dylusions Spray Ink and a "Polka Dot"
Stencil to Create a Random Layer of Circles.
Doodled Around all of the Circles with a
Gray Inktense Pencil and Blended with
an Aqua Brush. 

Used a Heidi Swapp Stamp and
Black StazOn Ink to Randomly Stamp
Script Writing on the Background

Added Black & White Striped Washi Tape
to Separate the 'Days of the Week"
& Doodle Stitched with Black
Thread around the Edges the Layout

Added Gold Foil Little B Washi Tape.
Added Dates with Heidi Swapp's Roller
Date Stamp. Added "Days of the Week"
with Technique Tuesday Stamps.
Created Planner Stickers Using
Avery Repositionable labels
& Studio L2E Stamps

"Undercover" CHOCOLATE Shot! ;D
Covering Up the "Good Stuff"
for my DLP Challenge

Psalm 34:8 ~ "Taste and see that the Lord is GOOD"!!!

Left Side

Right Side

Tip-In

Documented Life Project 
February 14 Challenge: 
MISSION COMPLETE!

Studio L2E Stamps used in this Layout
"Creative Team Exclusive"

Happy planning! ;D



10 comments:

  1. I love these pages. Do you do YouTube videos on how you make your calendar. If you don't, I wish you would!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leticia! Thanks SO VERY MUCH for asking. In this season in my life, I am unable to dedicate the time needed to create excellent video footage. However, I am praying about making process videos in the near future when my schedule permits. I will give updates as the time grows closer. Thanks AGAIN! Many blessings to you, my dear! XOXO

      Delete
  2. I love how you layered the catalog and painted pages! And what a great binder you are using! ... now I need to go find some chocolate ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann! LOL at needing some chocolate now! It was SO hard looking at all that 'goodness' while totally wrecking my page. It was super fun, though! Have a FANTASTIC DAY!

      Delete
  3. Hi Shelley, you sure put alot of thought into this project. The "no school", socia media, etc. It was fun going over the details. Great job!
    Ivette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Thank you for your note, Ivette! Sending that love right back to you!

      Delete
  4. Shelley! really drooling! Such a nice job! I really, really want the Plan it set!! for realz! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, thanks so much! YUP, the Studio L2e stamps are WONDERFUL on so many levels. Please let me know if you decide to get it. Would love to see how you use it! BLESSINGS to you! XOXO

      Delete
  5. Another gorgeous layout. Love the colours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lesley! Somehow I missed your note. I am so sorry! THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave me this sweet note. I REALLY appreciate it! Many blessings to you!

      Delete