Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Week #4 Filofax Layout & Documented Life Project Week #3 Challenge!


This week's Documented Life Project challenge is all about one of my favorite subjects: "COLOR"!!!!

January 17
Art Challenge:  The Color Wheel

Journal Prompt:  "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way . . . “    - Georgia O’Keeffe

Here is my interpretation of this week's DLP art challenge & journal prompt:

Week #4 Filofax Layout & Week #3 DLP Challenge

Here is how I got started:

Started by painting my background
with black acrylic paint.

Added pieces of ledger paper with Uhu glue.

Topped the ledger paper with
painted deli papers.

Cut these circle shapes from painted
deli paper to mimic a color wheel.

Layered the circles on the front of
my tip-in with Uhu glue.

Doodle stitched around the circles
and the edges of my layout with
neon yellow thread.

Painted this circle stencil with black acrylic
paint and stamped it on hymnal paper.

Added Tim Holtz Mini Distress Ink
to mimic a color wheel.

Created a washi tape hinge to
make a hidden journal spot
behind the circle.
Colored the stitching around the smaller
circles with rainbow colored paint pens.

I added other final details to complete my layout:

Left Side

Right Side

Tip-In Front with
DLP Week #3 Challenge





Planner Stickers & Accessories
Studio L2E Planner Stamp Sets 
Used in this Layout:

Creative Team Exclusive

Thanks for stopping by today!

XOXO,

3 comments:

  1. This is super duper awesome Shelley. I totally love watching your creative process and how your project came together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kele! You always make me smile! Smooches!

      Delete