Thursday, January 15, 2015

My Raskog Cart Organization & Storage!

Hi everyone! I am excited to share how I store some of my favorite art journaling supplies with you today.

Because I create in the dining room portion of my kitchen, it is imperative that I maximize every inch of space in my studio. The super versatile Ikea Raskog utility cart has been a wonderful addition to my workspace. You can't beat it's capacity & portability.

Most of the furniture in my studio is “vintage chic with a hip twist”. I could not resist the temptation of spray painting my gray Raskog with this gorgeous, matte finish “Brilliant Purple” Liquitex spray paint. I simply applied two coats of the Liquitex (with no base coat) and decided to let the paint distress naturally over time. The worn, “chippy” paint makes me so very happy.

My Raskog Cart

Tier #1 houses all of my art journaling tools. On the right, I use a metal kitchen utensil organizer to store my heat gun, blow dryer, vintage Dymo label maker, hole puncher, corner rounder, & hot glue gun.

Tier #1 ~ Large Tools

On the left, I use my handmade, denim organizer & several aqua mason jars to store all of my paint brushes, brayer, stamp carving tools, punchinella, mini stencils, acrylic blocks, & hot glue sticks.

Tier #1 ~ Smaller Tools

I use Tier #2 of my Raskog cart to store my Tim Holtz mini Distress Inks, large Ranger archival ink pad, professional graphite pencils, Prismacolor water-soluble colored pencils, Neocolor II water-soluble wax pastels, Inktense pencil, & this vintage sewing drawer filled with my collection of roller date stamps.

Tier #2 ~ Oversized Tins, Date Stamps, & Mini Ink Pads
My Roller Date Stamp Collection
in a Vintage Sewing Drawer

In Tier #3, I store another Dymo label maker with colorful refill cartridges, baby wipes, Mod Podge, Golden gesso & molding paste, two vintage storage boxes, & my vintage Rolodex which services as a catalog for all of my roller date stamp phrases. You can see my complete roller date stamp organization in my previous post entitled, "Diaries of a Junk Girl (10.10.14) ~ Vintage Roller Date Stamp Storage & Organization!".

Tier #3 ~ Random Goodies

Finally, I added this “blingie” door hook to the side of my cart to hold my art journal/planner bands.

Planner Bling Storage

I pray that you find these artsy organization & storage ideas helpful. Please feel free to leave a comment or email me directly with any questions you may have.

Much love,


5 comments:

  1. Shelley, love how you painted your cart purple. Purple is my absolute fav color, I love all shades of purple, plum and mauve. I painted my scrapbook room a purple/mauve color years ago. I never thought of painting storage items. I have a green cropper hopper storage cart that would look fantastic in the Brilliant Purple. Do you know if the Liquitex paint works well on plastic? I so enjoy the glimpses into your studio. Our styles are totally opposite, but I just love everything you do. Maybe I'm living vicariously through you LOL. BTW, I spy some fab purple drawers in the bottom of your photo. What do you store in there? Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gemiel! THANKS for your comment lady! My studio has actually been a wonderful way for me to step outside of my comfort zone and try colors that I normally would not select for the rest of my house. All of the different colors and textures in my studio inspire me to try different things in my artwork. GR8 eye with my drawers in the bottom right corner. It houses all of my wooden stamps and & small embellies. I will post a tour of that piece soon! Take care & have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. Hiya Shelly!

    It is amazing what a difference even the slightest bit of organization can make! it is an absolute delight to have read through this post and very inspiring to really get going on actually organizing all my own stuff instead of leaving it like a mess!

    Lovely touch with the color, it adds such a nice personal and nice tone!

    With the best of regards from all of us at DYMO,
    Jesper K
    DYMOSupport

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word! HI JESPER!!! Thank you so very much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment. I had to do a total "double take" to make sure that you are with DYMO. LOL! I am a HUGE Dymo fan as you can see by the TWO Dymo label makers on my Raskog cart. I am always blown away when I learn how people find me. How did you learn about my blog? THANKS AGAIN for stopping by today!!! :D

      Delete
  3. Oh my! Just look at your wonderful organization and your cute purple Raskog! I love the way you have your roller stamps stored in the vintage drawer. It's pretty and very functional.

    Enjoyed reading your post. Have a wonderful day!

    Lesley
    Annie's Paper Boutique

    ReplyDelete