Wednesday, January 14, 2015

"Documenting My December 2014" ~ Weeks #53/#1 & #2 Pocket Scrapbooking Layouts Using Spray Inks!

Mission:
"Documenting My December 2014"

COMPLETE


My '4-Part Approach" to documenting the Christmas season turned out even better than I expected. Whoo~hoo!!! I will be sharing my key "take-aways" from my December documenting journey in a subsequent post so stay tuned.

After last week's MONSTER Christmas layout, I thought I would take a more "minimalistic" approach with my journaling and embellishments this week. My super sweet friend, Maggie Castellanos, sent me a variety of (12x12) mixed media paper by scrapbooking manufacturer, Pink Paislee. The paper is designed to reveal a super cool pattern when misted with spray ink. The vintage print coupled with pops of VIBRANT color are the perfect backdrops for this week's layout!

Dylusions Ink Spray

Mixed Media Scrapbooking Paper
by Pink Paislee

Close-up of the Pink Paislee Patterns

The Project Life Design C Panoramic page protector with eight (4x6) pockets houses all of my New Year's Eve/Day memories beautifully.

Project Life Design C Panoramic Page Protector

I lightly misted each (4x6) journal card with Dylusions or Heidi Swapp Spray Inks then gently pressed the excess ink off the journal card onto a blank page in my mixed media journal. The excess ink stains in my journal now become my first layer in a future art journal layout. There is no need to waste all of that yummy color, right???  :D

The Pink Paislee Paper Misted with
Dylusions & Heidi Swapp Color Shine
Spray Inks

Here's a look at the final layout for Week #53/#1:
Week #53/#1 Mixed Media Title Card
Triangular Board Stamp Used 

Throughout this Layout are from the
Studio L2E "Borders 2: Geometric"
 Stamp Set

Top Four Journal Cards

Bottom Four Journal Cards

Week #53/#1 Layout (Complete)

Here is a look at my Week #2 (2015) layout:


Week #2 Mixed Media Title Card

Top Four Journal Cards

Bottom Four Journal Cards

I used Unique Laser Design's "Polaroid Frames" MDF wood embellishments to highlight key focal points in my photos. 






Week #2 Layout (Complete)
I have a pocket scrapbooking design series coming up in the next couple of weeks. You don't want to miss it!

Enjoy the rest of your week!


No comments:

Post a Comment