Saturday, December 27, 2014

Playing & Planning in my Filofax ~ Week #52 Layout Progress!

Hey everyone! I pray that you had a WONDERFUL Christmas day with your family & friends. My family had so much FUN! I can't wait to document all of the details in my December pocket scrapbooking album.

In my last planner post, I shared my Week #52 Christmas Filofax background layout. Today, I thought I would give you an idea of what my Filofax layout looks like now, after five days of playing & planning (Monday through Friday only). 

PLAYING
Instead of utilizing a separate art journal for my creativity, I enjoy trying different mixed media techniques & experimenting with a variety of mediums (acrylic paint, InkTense pencil, Gelatos, Faber Castell Pitt Pens, etc) right in my Filofax. I LOVE it when artwork is not only "way cool", but also"functional". It's a total "win-win" for me! 

As time permits throughout the week, my favorite part of playing in my Filofax is doodling and adding details to create dimensional effects or make things appear like they are leaping of the page. In an upcoming blog post series after the first of the year, I will be sharing some simple techniques on how to achieve these 3-D effects. 

PLANNING
My planner is a "safe place" for me to intentionally avoid perfection and simple flow in my natural style, which tends to be messy & random. Planning my activities for the week is an opportune time to sharpen my hand lettering & stamping skills. Lately, I have been challenging myself to create my own custom ephemera & planner stickers to represent different activities I need to tackle during the week. These fun, decorative bits add more color, texture, layers & interest to my planner layouts. 

Week #52 ~ Filofax Layout (To date)

Week #52 ~ Left Side

Week #52 ~ Right Side

Week #52 ~ Tip In (Front)
Fabric Pocket Stuffed with
Journal Cards & a Photo of My Kids
Tip In (Back) has Personal Journaling






Stitching & Glam Shot
Several of the collage elements used in my layout this week were created by Traci Bautista & Rae Missigman. Please feel free to visit their websites for more mixed media deliciousness.

Happy planning,

No comments:

Post a Comment