Wednesday, December 10, 2014

"Documenting My December 2014" ~ Week #49 Mixed Media Title Card Tutorial!

Today, I have a simple mixed media tutorial using the red, lime green, and silver Gelatos that I pulled for documenting my December. The grunge coupled with a bit of glam always makes my heart smile! ;D

Week #49 Pocket Scrapbooking
Mixed Media Title Card

Here are the basic steps: 
Started with a 4x6 piece of
patterned scrapbooking paper
Added color with Gelatos
Sprayed the color with water 
and blended the gently with my finger
Used black archival ink & a KaiserCraft stamp
to add a "graffiti" background.
Distressed the edges of the journal card

with the same black ink.

Used a Heidi Swapp Stencil 
& gesso to add stars
Outlined the stars with a 
black Uni-ball Signo (broad) pen

Added "Star Dust" Stickles to the stars
Added Pink Paislee "Merry & Bright" 
ephemera & outlined with a black
 Uni-ball Signo (broad) pen.
Used a Studio L2E 'Stars' stamp
to create a border around
 the ephemera. 
Used black Amy Tan Thickers for my title
Colored the Thickers with Painters pens
to match the color variation in the background
Outlined the title with black & white
Uni-ball Signo (broad) pens
Added a Pink Paislee silver 
"memories" sticker
Added four bling embellishments 
& doodled around them with a 
black Uni-ball Signo (broad) pen
Doodled along the top of the
 journal card with a black & white
 Uni-ball Signo (broad), Gelly Roll, &
Montana acrylic pens
And, there you have it!
My Week #49 mixed media title card is complete!
Tomorrow, I will post my design process for a couple of my 4x6 & 3x4 December journal cards. Please be sure to check back then!

Have a GREAT day!
Shelley 

4 comments:

  1. Shelley, thanks so much for your step by step tutorial. I've been wanting to branch out into mixed media in my scrapbooking and have been "collecting" supplies, but I haven't taken the next step. Love your title card!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gemeil! Thanks for your comment. I am excited to know that you are going to give mixed media a try. I would love to see what you come up with! Many blessings to you! ;D

      Delete
  2. Shelley,do you order your Signo Broad tip pens at an on-line store? Could you recommend a good place to get them?? Thanks....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning! Thanks for your inqury. I order them, in bulk, from Amazon.com. Hope this helps! XOXO

      Delete