Thursday, December 11, 2014

"Documenting My December 2014" ~ My Week #49 Layout & Flip Journal Card Tutorial!

Week #49 was absolutely INCREDIBLE on so many levels! I had so much FUN capturing & documenting each and every blessing. 

Week #49 Pocket Scrapbooking Layout

Nat dressed like Kevin.
Packaging & note from some "Happy Mail".
Text message & scripture from my 

sister in law, Sabrina. ;D

Nia at a winter pool party.
Unique Laser Design's wood deer 

embellishment journal card.
Church dance crew rehearsal.
Chavis Christmas tree flip journal card.

Here is how I created the flip journal card:
Started with my two Christmas
tree photos & a Heidi Swapp flip card
mounted on a 4x6 piece of 

scrapbooking paper.

Mounted the photos on patterned
scrapbooking paper.

Outlined the photos with a black 
Uni-ball Signo (broad) pen
and distressed the edges of the 

scrapbooking paper
with back archival ink.

Randomly stamped one of Birgit Koopsen's
washi tape stamps on the inside of the
filp journal card.

Adhered the mounted photos to the 
inside of the flip journal
card with Uhu glue.

Added a Pink Paiselee "Merry & Bright"
 sentiment to the Christmas tree photo.

Added a star embellishment, date stamp, &
washi tape on the bottom photo.
Added "Hello December, date stamp,

 "Picture Perfect", and a hidden journaling 
card to the star photo on top.

Journal card hidden behind the star photo.

Created a tab and stamped with
October Afternoon's "Photos Enclosed"
roller stamp.

On the back of the tab, I added
Ali Edward's "So Love This Photo"
Stamp

Adhered the tab to the flip journal card
with Uhu glue.

Added Gossamer Blue's "December Days" 
stamp & a white glitter Christmas tree to the
front of the flip journal card.

Added a silver sequin star to 
complete the journal card.

Week #49 ~ Album View
I pray this flip journal card picture process was helpful. There is also a step-by-step tutorial for my Week #49 title card HERE

Please feel free to contact me via email or leave me comment below with any questions you may have.

Thanks a million!

Much love,
Shelley

3 comments:

  1. Your pages are just awesome....they totally captivate my interest in wanting to see what's coming next! How long do you normally work on your layouts? You are one, very talented lady! Thanks for sharing...I look forward to seeing more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much! I typically work on my layouts in bits & pieces througbout the week between my other responsibilities. My workspace is in my kitchen so it is very convenient. Most layouts take about 2 to 3 hours. I don't go for a PERFECT look. Actually, I intentionally go for IMPERFECTION. This freedom in creativity speeds up my design process. Thanks for such a GR8 question. I pray this helps! SMOOCHES! Shelley :D

      Delete
    2. Thank you SO much! I typically work on my layouts in bits & pieces througbout the week between my other responsibilities. My workspace is in my kitchen so it is very convenient. Most layouts take about 2 to 3 hours. I don't go for a PERFECT look. Actually, I intentionally go for IMPERFECTION. This freedom in creativity speeds up my design process. Thanks for such a GR8 question. I pray this helps! SMOOCHES! Shelley :D

      Delete