Friday, November 21, 2014

Documenting My December 2014 ~ My New Studio Workspace!

Today, I was planning to share my organization & storage setup for all of my December documenting supplies. Guess what??? TOTAL change of plans!

Okay, so here's what happened:  This past week, I spent some time evaluating my workflow as I documented my December 2013. Now remember, I worked on both my 'main' scrapbooking album & my December Memories 'mini' album SIMULTANEOUSLY last year. Needless to say, it wasn't pretty ;D! Well, you see, things got a little out of hand and before I knew it, I had completely taken over the kitchen table with all of my stuff. It was CRAZY! Although the size of my dining room table is perfect for scrapbooking (seats 6), every time my family and I got ready to sit down and have a meal together, I had to clear everything off the table. Who has time for THAT??? SERIOUSLY!!!

So, after reflecting on last year's workflow debacle and an effort to increase my December documenting productivity this year, I decided to make some changes in my studio workspace. There are two key "non-negotiables" that I took into consideration for my studio update:
  1. A massive work surface is a "MUST"! "Documenting My December 2014" is a month long project. I need the freedom to my layouts and supplies out in plain view so I can quickly & easily pick up where I left off.
  2. ORDER is imperative!!! Clutter & chaos block my creative flow. Therefore, I must maintain a workspace that is organized, yet 'clutter-free'.
With these "non-negotiables" in mind, there was no other alternative but to increase the work surface in my studio area. The solution…………I replaced my current workspace desk with my 6-person dining room table!!! OH YEAH! It's absolutely PERFECT! As an added bonus, Kevin pulled a 24'' inch tv monitor from another room and set it up with my laptop so I can create, blog, & watch all of my favorite 'peeps' on YouTube 'in style'. Whoo~hoo!  I am so grateful that I actually took the time to evaluate my 2013 workflow. I KNOW my time will be REDEEMED this year!

So, here is my updated studio workspace:

My New Studio Workspace Using My Dining Table (daytime)

My New Laptop & Monitor Setup (daytime)

My New Studio Workspace (nighttime with Christmas lights)

I am sure you guys are wondering where we are going to eat now that I have confiscated the dining room table, right? Not to worry….we are now using our "old" dining room table (which also seats up to 6 people) in the kitchen area. Two thumbs up!!!

Up next, "Documenting My December 2014" ~ My Supplies Organization & Storage (I promise, LOL!)

Have a great day, guys!
Shelley

12 comments:

  1. I am totally in love with that table!!! Do you have another one stashed somewhere that you can drop off in BK for me? LOL! I so need a workspace like that in my life. Like you, I need organization or my creativity is blocked and I need space. Unfortunately, my little craft space cannot accommodate such a large work surface. So happy you were able to adjust you space to suit your needs. Your craft space is absolutely GORGEOUS! Looking forward to the upcoming documenting December post. My DIY Dec. Daily Kit is complete. I will take some pics this weekend, I promise to tag you when I do. Have a wonderful and blessed weekend Shelley. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kele! I hope you are having a wonderful day! Yes, I am EXTREMELY blessed to have a corner in our kitchen to call my own. Thank you! I definitely want to see what you have going on for your December album. I am sure it is TOTALLY "NEXT LEVEL". You've got some CRAZY skills, my friend! Can't wait to see! Smooches!

      Delete
  2. You're so fortunate to have such a helpful and understanding husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn! Kevin truly is a GIFT from God! I am so grateful that he TOTALLY 'gets' what I am doing & encourages me to continue on! Much love to you, lady & thanks for the love, as always! :D

      Delete
  3. Love your new space! I would kill for a great big table like that .. I kid I kid
    Not kill but would def love it! Your hubby's a keeper that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jossie! I have been test driving my new setup today. The extra work surface truly does make a huge difference in my creative productivity. No doubt...hubby is the best!
      ;D THANKS for your comment and blessings to you!!!

      Delete
  4. Love the new studio workspace!! It has so much personality and character. Can't wait to see how it inspires your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning, Gemiel! Thanks for the love. OMg, the extra surface are has made a HUGE difference in my FLOW. It is just so nice to spread everything out and just work! I absolutely love it! Thanks for you support, lady!!! :D

      Delete
  5. This is SO excellent. I can't wait to see more of your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lynne!!! I pray you are well! Thanks so much for the love! HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you & the fam! XOXO

      Delete
  6. Love that old dresser...great space and i also have to keep my area straighten so i can be creative. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kim! ME TOO! I am SO please how it turned out. I just love using unconventional furniture piece in my workspace. It adds SO much character! Oh, and YES, when my area gets out of control, it totally "WRECKS" my creative flow, too! LOL! ;D

    ReplyDelete