Sunday, November 2, 2014

Documenting My December 2014 ~ "Intro & A Look Back at My 2013 December Memories Mini Album"!

Today, I am kicking off a brand new series called "Documenting My December 2014". With the holidays quickly approaching, I thought I would take you guys on a journey with me as I plan, prepare, document, & review how I capture all of my December memories this year (also known as December Daily).

If you are not familiar with the December Daily concept, it is a brilliant idea started by Ali Edwards as a way to document the 25 event filled days leading up to and including Christmas Day. Essentially, a December Daily album is mini scrapbooking album that you create to tell "YOUR" Christmas story. Please check out Ali's December Daily video on her official website at www.aliedwards.com.

I created my very first December Daily album last year using Gossamer Blue's 2013 December Memories Kit. This "JAM PACKED" Gossamer Blue 2013 December Memories kit was filled with a Studio Calico handbook album, beautiful Christmas scrapbooking paper, an exclusive Gossamer Blue stamp set, alpha letters, transparencies, & an assortment of coordinating embellishments. The kit was AMAZING!!!

2013 Gossamer Blue December Memories Kit 

Here are some pictures of my completed 2013 December Memories album:

2013 December Memories Album ~ The Spine & Front Cover
2013 December Memories Album ~ The Spine (only)
2013 December Memories Album ~ Tabs View
2013 December Memories Album
Title Page
2013 December Memories Album
Introduction Page
2013 December Memories (Day #1 front)
At Lowe's Purchasing Our Christmas Tree
2013 December Memories Album
(DAY #1 back)
Started Our "25 Days of Advent"
Family Bible Study


2013 December Memories Album (Day #2)
Nat & Nia Opening Up Their
Chocolate Filled Advent Calendars
2013 December Memories Album (Day #4)
My Christmas List :D
2013 December Memories Album 
(Day # 5 front)
Our Motown Christmas Music

 with Hot Cocoa
2013 December Memories Album
 (Day #5 back)
Memories from My 

Childhood in El Paso, Texas
2013 December Memories Album (Day #7)
My Favorite Christmas Appetizer & Dessert
2013 December Daily Album
 (Day #8 front)
The First Snow Storm 

of the Season
2013 December Memories Album 
(Day #8 back)
 Lots of Snow Days
2013 December Memories Album
Repurposed Receipt Pocket for
Christmas Day Pictures (closed)
2013 December Memories Album
Repurposed Receipt Pocket
Filled with Christmas Day Pictures (open)
2013 December Memories Album
Final Page of My Album
Day #25 Christmas Day
Collage of All My 

December Memories Pictures


In my next post, I will share some of the lessons I learned from my 2013 December Memories experience. I pray that this wisdom will help guide you in your plans to document the Christmas season this year. Please feel free to email me or leave a comment below with any questions you may have throughout this series.

Thank you for all of your kind words & encouragement as I continue to cling to God for inspiration for my blogging venture. The Lord truly is my SOURCE & my STRENGTH! I BLESS you all!

Much love,
Shelley

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your amazing album with us. I love all things related to December, you album is absolutely fabulous! I just adored watching your pages and the chunkiness of the entire album! Looking forward to the upcoming posts and tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kele! Thanks so much my friend! Are you documenting your December this year?? Have a FAB day!

      Delete
  2. Hi Shelley,
    I am documenting my December this year. I am not purchasing a kit; just bought a few items from the Pink Paislee Merry and Bright Collections and I will just use what I have in my stash to create my own kit. I plan to create the base pages in November and just leave the journaling, embellishing and extras for December. Planning to stay on schedule this year. Looking forward to your future posts. :)
    Have a blessed day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Kele! No kit this year, just rolling with what I have on hand! Looking forward to the challenge! Smooches!

      Delete
  3. I know whatever you great is going to be gorgeous! Can't wait for the blog posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. excuse my extreme dyslexia! I woke up way too early this morning...........I meant to say I know whatever you do is going to be great! LOL!

    ReplyDelete