Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Documenting My December 2014 ~ "My Supplies"!

It's prep time! Whoo-hooThis year, I decided to curate my own December documenting kit from scrapbooking supplies that I already have on hand. I believe the materials that I have selected beautifully reflect my own personal design style: "hip vintage chic" with a mixed media vibe. My color pallete will consist of both vintage & vibrant reds, dark & light pinks, dark & lime greens, dark & light aquas, silver, gold, and black with woodgrain accents. So, here is what I have come up with:

The Color/Mediums!

Faber-Castell Gelatos
Heidi Swapp Color Shine Sprays


The Paper!

I chose a vintage/vibrant mix of 
patterned scrapbooking paper by 
October Afternoon, American Crafts, 
& various other manufacturers.
The neutral toned scrapbooking paper 
above will help ground all of the 
color in my layouts.
These Heidi Swapp clear overlays will be 
a wonderful, festive addition to my 
Christmas layouts.
Doilies, pockets, bags, tags, & other
ephemera will not only add texture & interest 
in my album, they are also super fun,
unconventional elements to journal on.


The Stamps!

 These American Craft & Smashbook roller date
stamps are perfect for
the holiday season. Heidi Swapp's
cursive date stamp will add a touch of
elegance to my journal cards.
I love these new Kaiser Craft & Elle's
Studio Christmas stamps. I will couple them 

with my October Afternoon & Gossamer Blue
December Memories stamp sets from last year.

The Alphas!

I will use black alphas by 
American Crafts, October Afternoon, 
Heidi Swapp*, & Amy Tan* 
in my December layouts for my primary headings.
(*ordered, but not shown above)
All other multicolored alphas will
be used for subheadings.


The Embellishments!

Vintage inspired woodgrain washi tape 
from My Mind's Eye
Delicious layering die cuts from Pink Paislee, 
October Afternoon, & Heidi Swapp
Who doesn't love Prima Marketing 
enamel dots & crystal embellishments?
Buttons by October Afternoon & Studio Calico
Sequins by Cartwright's Sequins
In my next Documenting My December 2014 post, I will share some of my organization & storage ideas. You don't want to miss it!

Many blessings to you,
Shelley

2 comments:

  1. Shelley,
    What an awesome selection of supplies. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gemiel!!! Thanks so much for the love! Yes, super excited to start playing with all these goodies. Many blessings! :D

      Delete