Monday, November 17, 2014

DIY Filofax/Planner Stickers Tutorial!

The super talented ladies at Art to the 5th Academy have inspired me with their AMAZING artwork in their Documented Life Project planners. For the past few weeks, I have experimented with Documented Life Project inspired layouts in my Filofax to see if I want to fully commit to The Documented Life Project in 2015. I have thoroughly enjoyed planning on so much COLOR! The pretty painted backgrounds motivate me to stay on track each week.

After posting my planner layout this past weekend on Instagram, I have received several requests to share how I write or plan on painted backgrounds. Today, I thought I would show how to create quick & easy activity stickers for everyday planning.
My Black A5 Chameleon Filofax
My Week #47 Filofax Layout (Left & Right Side)
My Week #47 Layout (Right Side w/Tip-in)

Instead of writing my scheduled appointments directly on the painted background, I LOVE Jennifer McQuire's idea of creating stickers out of Avery removable stickers & Post It Notes.
Avery Neon & White Repositional Stickers
I prefer to use stickers with color in my planner. If I can't find the colored labels I want at my local office supplies store, I simply add color to my stickers by using Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Heidi Swapp Color Shine Sprays, or Dylusions Spray Inks. 

Here is how I use Dylusions Spray Inks:
Sprayed pink & orange Dylusions Ink Spray 
on a non-stick craft mat. 
Picked up the ink with my Avery Removable Label Sheets
Used these Dylusions Alpha Stamps & 
Black Archival Ink to Create a 
Sheet of Activity Stickers

I also enjoy using planner stamps to create stickers. Studio L2E, Sweet Stamp Shop, Waffle Flower, & Bella Creationz are my current favorite planner stamp companies.
Studio L2ESweet Stamp Shop
Waffle Flower, & Bella Creationz

Here are just a few stamps I made using my planner stamps:
Bella Creationz Planner Stamp

Studio L2E Planner Stamp

Waffle Flower & Sweet Stamp Shop 
Planner Stamps
Overview of Planner Week #47 with 
My DIY Planner Stickers
I pray this tutorial helps. I will share how I add other ephemera (journal cards, washi tape, die cuts, etc.) to my planner layouts in a future post. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Much love,
Shelley

6 comments:

  1. Love it shelley!!! What a great idea with the stickers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tiff! Thanks my friend! I appreciate your love today! XOXO :D

      Delete
  2. LOL! So happy you answered the question of how to write on the journal art pages. I was curious about that too. The stickers are such a great idea. Totally love it and your pages are gorgeous too. Such a great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kele, so glad I answered your question! I DO love the DLP style so much. The painted backgrounds are addictive :D!!! Much love to you, girlie!

      Delete
  3. Just great Shelley! Was not aware of those stamp companies. Had to order from Bella Creationz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy! Yes, the planner stamp companies make scheduling super FUN. So glad you found something you like a Bella Creationz. Thanks for your comment!!! :D

      Delete