Tuesday, October 21, 2014

"Put it in the Pocket" ~ Pocket Scrapbooking 101:9 "Got Pocket Scrapbooking Tools?"

Today, I am wrapping up my "Put it in the Pocket" ~ Pocket Scrapbooking 101 Series with my "Top 10 Favorite Pocket Scrapbooking Tools". It was quite an interesting exercise narrowing my "FAVS" down to only ten tools. Nevertheless, I am pleased with the final list!

So, without further ado & in no particular order, here are the final contestants:
  1. Fiskars Personal Paper Trimmer
  2. Tim Holtz Kushgrip Non-Stick Micro Serrated Scissors
  3. Teresa Collins Xyron
  4. Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
  5. UHU Glue Stick
  6. Recollections Acrylic Blocks
  7. Black Ranger Archival Ink
  8. Heidi Swapp Roller Date Stamp
  9. Black Uni~Ball Signo Pen (Broad)
  10. Black Uni~Ball Signo Pen (207)

"CUTTING" Tools 

I use this Fiskars paper cutter to trim all of my 12x12 paper down to 4x6 journal cards.
Fiskars Personal Paper Trimmer

These Tim Holtz scissors are "THE BEST" scrapbooking scissors on the market!
Tim Holtz Scissors Kushgrip Non-Stick Micro Serrated Scissors


"Attachers & Adhesives"

The Xyron machine allows you to turn any die cut shape into a sticker within seconds. Tim Holtz's tiny attacher is a wonderful way to not only attach several paper layers together, it's mini staples also add a nice, "hardware touch" to any layout. UHU glue is most commonly used in mixed media collage. It is well known for it's outstanding performance in humid climates.
Teresa Collins Xyron Sticker Maker
Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
UHU Gluestick


"Stamping" Tools"

Use archival ink when adding dates to your journal cards because the ink is permanent and doesn't fade over time. Recollections acrylic blocks are sold in a variety of sizes & shapes and are used as a mount for clear stamps. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Heidi Swapp's new roller date stamp. It's the only roller date stamp in my collection (see previous post "Diaries of a Junk Girl (10.10.14) ~ Vintage Roller Date Stamp Storage & Organization"with "CURSIVE" months of the year.
Ranger Archilval Ink Pad
Heidi Swapp Roller Date Stamp
Recollections Acrylic Block


"Journaling & Doodling Pens"

Black Uni~ball Signo Pens (both 207 & broad) are quickly becoming a journaling pen "FAVORITE" among pocket scrapbookers & art journalers alike. These pens consistently provide even strokes of ink without skipping, even on the toughest of mediums. I enjoy using the finer 207 style Uni-Ball Signo for journaling. The Uni-ball Signo "broad" is great for doodling.
Uni-Ball Black Signo (207 & Broad) Pens

"POCKET SCRAPBOOKING TOOLS

STORAGE & ORGANIZATION"

I found this super cute galvanized bin at one of my favorite local vintage boutiques. It houses all of my pocket scrapbooking tools PERFECTLY!
Vintage Galvanized 12x4 Storage Tray for My Pocket Scrapbooking Tools
Portable Pocket Scrapbooking Tools Storage & Organization

I pray that you have enjoyed this pocket scrapbooking series. Stay tuned for my upcoming December Daily Series!

Smooches,
Shelley

2 comments:

  1. Great post! So if you buy a pad of scrap book paper do you cut the whole thing down into 4x6 cards? I hope that you'll continue to post your weekly pages here, I've really enjoyed seeing them in this format.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carolyn, THANK YOU!!! YES, because I don't do traditional 12x12 layouts, I cut all my paper down to 4x6 journal cards. If I need a 3x4 card, I just cut it in half. This strategy also saves storage space. Oh, I own maybe 2 or 3 6 x 6 paper pads. I don't cut those sheets down. I just leave them as a set. On Thursday, I will show how I break my monthly Gossamer Blue kits down. YES, I will continue to post my weekly layouts. I am trilled that you find them helpful. I will be starting a more advanced pocket scrapbooking series after the December Daily series. In the advanced series, I will take you step by step through my weekly layout strategies. You will get a better glimpse into my decision making and design style. Thank you for being such a GREAT cheerleader. It gives me strength to continue on! Much love to you, my friend! XOXO

      Delete