Thursday, October 2, 2014

Marbling Mixed Media Tutorial Using Unique Laser Design's Cork Feathers!

Today, I will share how I created my Week #39 Title card for my pocket scrapbooking layout using these Unique Laser Design's SUPER AMAZING cork feathers
Unique Laser Design's Cork Feathers
Okay, let's get started:
Started with a piece of 4 x 6 patterned 
scrapbooking paper.
Pulled 2 shallow pans from my kitchen.
Purchased this 
Linit Liquid Starch
at my local grocery store.
Poured just enough liquid starch to 
cover the bottom of one pan.

Added just enough tap water to cover the 
bottom of the other pan.
Selected these paint colors from my stash 
that compliment my pocket scrapbooking layout
 this week. NOTE: FLUID PAINT performs 
better that regular acrylic paint for this 
marbling mixed media technique. 
Added drops of paint, one color at a time in the 
pan with the liquid starch. Golden Fluorescent 
Pink fluid & Americana Electric Pink 
acrylic paint drops.
DecoArt Diarylide Yellow fluid acrylic paint drops.
DecoArt Cobalt Teal fluid acrylic paint drops.
DecoArt Raw Umber fluid acrylic paint drops.
Used the end of a paint brush to swirl the colors 
together to create my desired marbling 
pattern in the surface.
Placed the patterned paper (pattern face down) 
on top of the marbled paint surface & immediately
 removed from the starch pan. Immediately 
placed the marbled side down into the pan of water 
to rinse off the excess starch & removed from 
the pan of water immediately.
Dried completely with my heat gun.
Added an additional layer of color with 
KaiserCraft's Script background stamp 
and Ranger's Dandelion Archival Ink.
Added "Week #39" using 'Sketchbook" 
Thickers by American Crafts.
Added dates with the Dear Lizzy roller date stamp.
Outlined "Week #39" with a 
black Signo Uniball pen.
Added a scalloped doodle stamp by 
Roben-Marie Smith (Paperbag Studios).
Added three cork feathers from 
Unique Laser Designs.
Doodled around the scallops & feathers with a 
white Signo Uniball pen.
Doodled two black border lines with a 
black Signo Uni-Ball pen.
Added bling rhinestones 
to the centers of the scallops
 with a UHU glue stick.
Distressed the edges of the patterned 
paper with black Heidi Swapp Archival Ink.
And, VIOLA' ~ My Week #39 
Pocket Scrapbooking Title Card is COMPLETE!
I hope you enjoyed this marbling mixed media technique. Please check out 
Unique Laser Design's cork feathers or visit the official website at Unique Laser Designs. Thanks for dropping by.

XOXO,
Shelley

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey Bonita! FIRST, let me congratulate you on making the Creative Retreat Design Team!!! Your work & testimony blow my mind! SECOND, I appreciate you sending me some love! It totally made my day! I BLESS you, my sister!!!! :D

      Delete