Friday, October 17, 2014

Diaries of a Junk Girl (10.17.14) ~ Workspace Desk Transformation!

About two weeks ago, I sent a text message to my friend Michelle at The Pink Cabbage (one of my favorite vintage boutiques in MD). I told her that I was 'on the hunt" for a counter height dresser for my art studio. Michelle is the FABULOUS lady I bought the industrial storage unit from about a month ago (see previous "REDEEMED Junk Girl Industrial Storage Unit Transformation post). I TOTALLY trust her 'eye' and knew she would not disappoint. A week later, she sent me this photo. SHE NAILED IT! IT'S PERFECT!!!
Photo Michelle sent me of the 
counter height dresser.
The dresser in my art studio!
(BEFORE)
Valspar paint color
Filoli Morning Glory (5003-10B).
HAD to go with BLUE, of course! :D
Valspar Reserve Paint (flat).
Minwax 
"Bombay Mahogan"
 stain (satin) for the work surface 
of the dresser.
"Bombay Mahogany" stained work surface! 
(AFTER)
Brand new "ROLLING" 
counter height work surface
 for my art studio!
(AFTER)
Thank you so much, Michelle for this BEAUTIFUL piece! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

Smooches,
Shelley

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous job!!! It turned out great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the love! I REALLY appreciate your kindness! BLESSINGS to you my dear! :D

      Delete
  2. I don't think my comment worked. Boo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I said in my comet was pretty much wow this is amazing!!! You could totally resale these items and make lots of money!! I need you to help me with some transformation!! Great job!! I love doing stuff like this but I don't know where to start. We have to totally have a altered project day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meka!!! THANK YOU, lady! It was SUPER FUN and honestly only took a couple of hours. If you ever find a piece you like, let me know. I can show you how to do it. It's really just like altering craft pieces, just on a bigger scale. You are already GR8 at that!!!! SO awesome hanging with you yesterday at Mike's! Much love to you!

      Delete
  4. I love the vintage blue you used and what a perfect piece. I see you love transforming finds as much as I do. I so wish we lived closer so I could take you to my fav thrift store. You would have a ball. I love your style and those lamps are adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Kisha....I would love hanging out with you in your "hot spots". I'm sure we could do some damage. LOL! As always, THANK YOU!!!

      Delete
  5. Love, Love the transformation. You rocked it out as always!!! I need to get busy working on the freebie I scored in CT back in August with my bestie. As always thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, Kele! I totally forgot about that piece you scored. I was waiting to see how it turned out. Post a pic! Thanks for all the love, girlie!!! :D

      Delete