Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Workspace Wednesday ~ "Going Vertical" in Small Crafty Spaces!

There is a local, vintage boutique that I frequent at least twice a month. I absolutely LOVE just walking around this quaint shop looking at all of the different ways you can literally transform junk into "works of beauty" with just 'a vision' & jar of paint. ABSOLUTELY FASCINATING!

Over the past 7 years, I have grown to adore the owner & assistant manager. They are such a wealth of knowledge and inspiration. On several occasions, I have taken in pictures of furniture pieces or projects that I was working on at one time or another. Without fail, these to ladies consistently knew EXACTLY what I was trying to accomplish in my DIY escapades and eagerly encouraged me to just, "GO FOR IT"! 

Because my workspace is in my dining room adjacent to my kitchen, I am always on the look out for new, unconventional storage & organizational ideas. One day, while I was perusing through the store, I showed the owner a picture of my crafty workspace. She immediately said, "Oh, you need to go vertical"! She then proceeded to explain to me that the best way to maximize space in small areas is to take advantage of vertical space by storing & organizing things vertically. BRILLIANT!

My current workspace desk doubles as my computer workstation & my artsy area. I decided to give the "GO VERTICAL" idea a try. I purchased this old, vintage wooden shelf from the owner's boutique for $17. It's perfect!


My New Workspace Desk Setup
I LOVE everything about this super cute shelf: the color, the character, and the fact that it is the exact same size as my computer monitor. Whoo-hoo!

The top self houses my computer monitor, a set of coasters,
& this tray with my frequently used goodies.
My tray of goodies includes:
  • a stapler remover
  • a mini heart stamp
  • fingernail clippers & tweezers
  • mechanical pencil lead & eraser refills
  • a double art pencil sharpener
  • a variety pack of nail 'blingies'
Underneath the self, you will find my Macbook Air, keyboard,
washi storage unit, & Xyron sticker maker.

Washi tape storage unit (with drawer partially opened).
I believe this washi tape storage unit is technically a K-cup (Keurig) coffee organizer. I picked it up from a local thrift store for $1.90. Oh yeah! LOVE IT! I keep my new & most used washi tape on my desk for easy access.

Well, that's it for now! Don't forget to "GO VERTICAL"! :D 
XOXO Shelley

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea ! The tapes really fit in there perfectly !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shilo! The extra storage space is AWESOME! Thanks for the love! :D

      Delete