Monday, September 8, 2014

Vera Bradley "Moon Blooms" Inspired Art Journal Layout!

It truly isn't a secret that I love 'all things' Vera Bradley. The amazing vibrant colors & way cool doodle patterns are super enticing.

Vera Bradley recently released their new 2014 Fall line. This "Moon Blooms' pattern struck my eye immediately. I love how the hot pink, baby pink, apple green, gray, and white doodled leaves & flowers just leap off the black backdrop.

Vera Bradley "Moon Blooms"
Fall 2014


Vera Bradley "Moon Drops"
Fall 2014
I thought I would give this pattern a try in my art journal. Here is my process:


Used Golden High Flow Acrylic Paints
to create the background
Painted the flowers & leaves with
Golden & Americana Acrylic Paints
Outlined & doodled with a black Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen (small brush)
and Sakuru Gelli Pens


Added American Craft "Shoebox" Thickers for the Title

And, "VOILA!" 

Had a BLAST! Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your day! :D

5 comments:

  1. Shelley!!! This is absolutely amazing! Your artwork is so great and the details. I would love to learn from you in person! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kisha, THANKS for the love! I am sending it all right back to you my friend! Much love! :D

      Delete
  2. Absolutely STUNNING! Amazing talent sweet lady! You never cease to wow me with your awesomeness. Fantastic job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kele, you always make me smile with your kindness. You have no idea how your words encourage me so. I BLESS you a hundredfold, girlie! You totally ROCK! XOXO Shelley

      Delete
  3. I am so happy to hear that Shelley, that made me smile! It is a joy for me to watch you grow and share your wonderful gift as well. You are an amazing source of inspiration for me and so many others. I always look forward to your posts because I know a blessing is usually coming to me in some form or another; a special thank you for that. Smooches to you Ms. Shelley! (yes, I'm borrowing your word! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete