Thursday, September 11, 2014

"Put it in the Pocket" ~ Pocket Scrapbooking 101-3 'Basic Supplies You Need to Get Started & Where to Buy Them'!

Okay, you've made the decision to give pocket scrapbooking a try….now what? Here are the BASIC supplies you need in order to begin your journaling journey:
  1. A 3-Ring Binder Album
  2. Pocketed Page Protectors
  3. Pocket Scrapbooking Kit 
  4. Your Pictures
  5. Journaling Pens
When shopping for pocket scrapbooking supplies, you can't beat the convenience & value of shopping at your local suppliers.

Common Local Arts & Crafts Stores: 



All three of these retailers have mobile apps with weekly downloadable coupons. Educators can also save an additional 15% off discount every day (at Joann & Michael's) with proper identification. 

Online suppliers are also a wonderful source for creative goodness. These specialty stores usually have a wider variety of products to choose from than the local retailers. Occasionally, you can use 'checkout codes or coupons' to get your items at a discounted price. However, this discounted amount is usually offset by the amount you end up paying in shipping fees.

Fun Online Scrapbooking Supply Companies:
A Cherry on Top
Bluemoonscrapbooking
Hobbylobby.com
Joann.com
Michaels.com 
Paper Issues 
Scrapbook.com
Simon Says Stamp
Studio Calico

In your new found journaling adventure, it is very easy to fall in love with all of the 'latest & greatest' products out in 'scrappyland'. I would highly encourage you to take some time to REALLY discover your own personal journaling style before deciding to invest in a bunch of pocket scrapbooking supplies. Pocket scrapbooking is meant to be FUN, FUN, FUN! So, in the beginning, try to keep things as simple as possible when purchasing product. Trust me, you will find the MOST JOY when you truly buy the things you will honestly use & spend your memory making time CREATING as opposed to managing your supplies or stash. 


Okay, next on deck is "Put it in the Pocket" ~ Pocket Scrapbooking 101-4 "Choosing a Pocket Scrapbooking Album".


ENJOY the rest of your day, guys! Shelley :D

4 comments:

  1. Another great post, thank you! I don't think I'm going to buy a kit though, I think I'm going to try to print or make everything. I'm also following heathergw and she's teaching how to use your silhouette with pocket scrapping. This whole learning and prepping process is so much fun. I can hardly wait for week 1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carolyn! YOU GO, GIRL! I am all about creating your own supplies. You learn SO much & SAVE so much money. I am a HUGE fan of Heather Greenwood. She is INCREDIBLY GIFTED! I don't have a silhouette or other electronic die cutting equipment. I think those machines are AMAZING! I am SUPER excited for you, my friend. You are SO WISE to do all of your research before starting your quest. Your planning up front will surely pay off in your future albums. Can't wait to see the work of your hands! I BLESS YOU! Much love, Shelley

      Delete
  2. As I'll continue to follow your lead on my new journey in PL, I decided today to use journals or mini albums for each year. My idea is to use items I already, like Smash, Heidi Swapp and Making Memory books I've been hoarding. Then keep within my normal style, just without the dimension and see what happens. I hope I can incorporate your guides within this method. I'm truly enjoying this learning ride ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kisha, I applaud you for making such a WISE decision to use items from your stash to create your albums. THAT IS FANTASTIC! Your homemade journals will have SO much character & you will feel so relieved that you are being a good steward with your hobby. SO awesome! Love ya, girlie

    ReplyDelete