Friday, September 26, 2014

Featured Friday Fav ~ Week 38 Title Card Tutorial Using Tim Holtz Mini Distress Inks!

Tim Holtz Mini Distress Inks are quickly becoming one of my favorite "on the go" art journaling supplies. Not only are these colorful babies easy to pack 'n roll, they are also super CUTE!
Tim Holtz Mini Distress Inks &
Storage Tins
Here is how I used the Tim Holtz Mini Distress Inks to create this mixed media background for my Week 38 title card.
Started with a 4 x 6 Piece of Patterned Scrapbooking Paper.
Used Black Ranger Archival Ink to stamp a Piece of Paper.
Added 'Week 38' using Cursive Alpha Stamps.
Used Tim Holtz Mini Distress Inks & Stitched Circle Stamps
to Create Rings Around #38.
Added Dates Using an October Afternoon Date Stamp.
Pulled this Mixed Media Flower I Created From my Stash. 
I Used Black Dimensional Paint to Create 
Doodle Flower on Painted Kraft Paper.
I Cut a Portion of the Flower & Adhered it with UHU Glue to my Journal Card.
Outlined the Flower with a Black Signo Uni-Ball Pen.
Used Tim Holtz Distress Ink & my Homemade Stamp to Add Gray
Arrows to the Background.
Used Tim Holtz Distress Ink & my Homemade Stamp to
Add Pink Arrows to the Background.
Used a Black Signo Uni-Ball Pen to Doodle Around the Circles & Arrows.
Used my Maggie Holmes Roller Sentiment Stamp to Stamp "Little Moments" in
Orange Around all of the Edges.
Used a White Signo Uni-Ball Pen to Tone Down all of the Black Doodle Ink.
Used a Sakuru Pink Gelly Roll Pen to Create Doodle Circles Around the Edges.
Splattered Teal, Gold, & Pink Heidi Swapp Color Shine Ink
All over the Journal Card.
Distressed the Edges of the Journal Card with Black Ink.
Retraced "Week 38" with a Faber Castell Pitt Pen & Black Signo Uni-ball Pen.
Added Gold Foil Dimensional Embellies on Top of the Gray Arrows.
Outlined the Gold Foil Arrows with a Black Signo Uni-ball Pen. 
And, VOILA'!! My Mixed Media Week 38 Title Card is COMPLETE!
Happy Weekend, Everyone!
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment