Friday, September 19, 2014

"Featured Fav Friday" Week 37 ~ Title Card Tutorial using Faber-Castell Gelatos & How I Store Them!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! Today, I am sharing how a made my "Week 37" title card using Faber-Castell Gelatos & some simple mixed media techniques. 

Let's do this:
Started with a 4x6 piece of
patterned scrapbooking paper.
Used my Gossamer Blue kit color guide
to select my Gelato colors.
Created random circles using the Gelatos.
Used a Pentel aqua brush to blend the circles.
Selected a floral stamp set
from my stash.
Stamped shapes & flowers on the circles
using black Ranger archival ink.
Colored in leaf shapes with a green
Faber-Castell Pitt Pen.
Added "Week 37" using white glitter
Thickers from my stash.
Outlined title with a black Faber-Castell
Pitt Pen & doodled around all the stamps
with a white Uni-ball Signo pen.
Added buttons to embellish & stitched 
a pink & blue border around the
edge of the title card using a zigzag stitch.
Distressed the edges of the title card
with black ink.
Colored the "Week 37" title with my Tim Holtz
"Peacock Feathers" Distress Marker.
My Week 37 Title Card ~ (COMPLETE)!
I store all of my Faber-Castell Gelatos in this 3-tier candy dish that I purchased from Kohl's this summer. All of the colors look so YUMMY!
My Gelatos Candy Dish!
I pray you enjoyed this simple mixed media tutorial. Have a wonderful weekend!
XOXO Shelley

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this. I love all the step by step photos. You're seriously getting me fired up about doing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY, Carolyn!!! SO glad these steps are helpful! As always, THANKS for the love!

      Delete
  2. Oooh love the card and ABSOLUTELY love your candy dish and goodies inside!!

    ReplyDelete