Friday, September 12, 2014

"Featured Fav Friday" ~ Week 36 Title Card Using the Studio L2E Studio Borders 2 Geometric Stamp Set!

Earlier this year, Studio L2E released her "Studio Borders 1" stamp set. I LOVE using her border stamps to give my pocket scrapbooking journal cards a 'finished' look. The sequel set, "Studio Borders 2" was released this summer. Check out the super cool mixed media vibe of these geometrical shapes! Total "MUST HAVE" !!! 


Studio L2E Studio Borders 2 Stamp Set
I placed my Border 2 stamp set order a couple of weeks ago & received my shipping confirmation immediately. A day later, I received a Paypal email stating that I received a "TOTAL REFUND" for the stamp set. WHAT??? The sweet note in the comments section said, "Enjoy the stamps". The "oh so fabulous", Kanani (owner of Studio L2E) 'GIFTED' the stamp set to me! Kanani just won a CUSTOMER FOR LIFE!!! FOR REAL!!! THANK YOU!!!

For my Week 36 Title Card, I thought I would share how I use Kanani's border stamps on my pocket scrapbooking journal cards. Here we go:

Started with a 4 x 6 Piece of Scrapbooking Paper

Painted this Dylusions Flower Stencil with
Americana 
Citron Green Acrylic Paint

Painted My Handmade Glue Gun Stencil
with Americana Indian Turquoise Paint 

Painted My Handmade Glue Gun Stencil
with Apple Barrel Tropic Orange Paint

Used a Coral Sponge to Apply a Mix of Americana
Snow White, Poodleskirt Pink, &
Electric Pink Acrylic Paint

Used My Homemade Arrow Stamps

Used My Die Cut Machine to Cut this 
Mixed Media Heart

Distressed the edges of the Journal Card & Heart
with a black Faber-Castell Pitt Pen

Used 'Notes & Things' Accent Stickers by
Crate Paper to create layers

Accent Sticker Layer 1

Accent Sticker Layer 2

Accent Sticker Layers 3 & 4

Outlined all the Stickers with a 
Black Signo Uniball Pen

Placed Dimension Stickers on the Back of the
Heart Die Cut

Placed the Dimensional Heart on Top of the
Accent Sticker Layers & Outlined the Heart with a
Black Signo Uni-ball Pen

Added Gold Foil Alpha Embellishments

Used Studio L2E Border 2 ++++ Stamp Set to
Finish the Edges of the Journal Card

Used Derwent Inktense 'Outliner' to outline the heart
& Used a Pentel Aqua Brush to Grunge Up the Edges

Added Dates with this Dear Lizzy Date Stamp

Cut this "Fabulous" Sentiment from the Bottom
of my Scrapbooking Paper. Distressed the edges with
Tim Hotlz's 'Worn Lipstick' Mini Distress Ink

Created a Sticker for the Sentiment using my Xyron

Added butterfly & Sentiment Stickers, then Outlined 
with a Pink Sakura Gelli Pen & Black Signo Uni-Ball Pen

Outlined the Heart with Tim Holtz
'Peacock Feathers' Distress Marker

Week 36 Title Card (Left View)

Week 36 Title Card (Right View)

Week 36 ~ Title Card (Complete)!!! 
I hope you enjoyed this "Featured Fav Friday" Tutorial! Please check out all of Kanani's stamps at Studio L2E. Have a WONDERFUL weekend, everyone! XOXO Shelley

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh! Great post. I appreciate the step by step guide to creating your cards. It's funny because it really is just like creating a mixed media journal page but because it's not a "journal" it's like I completely forget how to do mixed media lol. I think maybe it all just clicked in my head lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! It IS just like doing an art journal layout. About a week ago, I had a similar 'ah ha' moment. I have been treating my title cards like WEEKLY ICAD's! I try to incorporate as much mixed media as possible in my album/journal. All of the imperfections make me HAPPY! :D

      Delete
    2. Oh, BTW, HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!! XOXO

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous Shelley! I truly loved watching your step by step process. I am always walking away from reading your posts with some new tools to add to my box of mixed media inspiration and I thank you so much for that. That coral sponge adds such great, yummy texture! Love, Love it. I need some (LOL) ! Those stencils and stamp rock too! Everything about this is wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing !!! Have a wonderful and blessed weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kele, THANKS for the love, girlie! I was just telling Carolyn that my title cards are like WEEKLY ICAD's. So much freedom to do WHATEVER I want. SO LIBERATING!! MUCH LOVE to you, my friend! Enjoy your weekend, as well! :D

      Delete