Saturday, August 30, 2014

My Blog Introduction!

Allow Me To Introduce Myself!


My love for "The Arts" all began in January 2013 after I created a mixed media art journal from a Martha Stewart notebook and an old pair of denim jeans. I couldn't fill my journal pages fast enough. There was something about documenting my story in a creative way & "SEEING" the Lord's hand in my life that kept me wanting more & more.

However, several months later, I had the dreaded experience of having to 'delete' some of my family photos from my cell phone because my memory was at capacity. HUGE bummer!!! There had to be a better way, not only to 1) capture special snippets of life, but also 2) document sweet moments of everyday living that would normally be forgotten, in a way that could be preserved for years to come. I discovered pocket scrapbooking while watching some of my favorite crafty peeps on YouTube. I totally found my solution!

So, if you are looking for a super fun way to preserve your memories and pocket scrapbooking is a consideration, but you just don't know where to start or if you are intrigued by mixed media & art journaling, and the fear of not being perfect is holding you back, grab a cup of coffee & stay a while. You are in the right place! 

Here's what you can expect to see on my blog:
  • cost-effective ways to mix both manufactured scrapbooking supplies & everyday repurposed items to create some super chunky pocket pages; 
  • way cool mixed media/art journaling tutorials;
  • artsy supply reviews;  
  • super thrifty, 'unconventional' ways to keep all your creative goodies organized. 
Up first in my blog roll is my: "Pocket Scrapbooking 101" series! Stay tuned! :D

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first blog post !

    I look froward to seeing many more posts, showcasing your talents for all the world to see. This is the beginning of the end ! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT!! ;D THANK YOU so much for believing in me! You ROCK!

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhh! I'm beyond thrilled that you're doing this. You've just made my year. I absolutely adore you. Thank you for sharing, I can hardly wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY, Carolyn! I am super grateful for all of your encouragement. Much love to you, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blog land and congrats on your very first post! I'm super excited to watch you grow in your gift, as you bless others with your talent. I was so excited to see my first email update from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Kisha! You are such a BLESSING! Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us. It's gonna be an amazing ride. Smooches!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you can't wait to see what you post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the love, Tiffany! I REALLY appreciate it. Blessings to you, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super big CONGRATS again Shelley! You are truly a gifted and talented woman. Wishing you success and many blessings in all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Kele! You have been one of my biggest cheerleaders from the beginning. I will never forget all of your words of encouragement and support. I am sending all that love right back to you. THANK YOU, girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So proud of you my friend it's your season now to be exposed to "GREATNESS " now you can truly showcase your Godly gifts. There is a big difference between a talent and a gift, your time to SHINE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara!!! I SO appreciate your love & encouragement, my friend. You have been such a blessing to me. Trusting the Lord to repay you for your loving kindness! Smooches!!!

      Delete